Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

E-tron order status change

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 1st Audi Owner
I cannot understand why Night Vision is standard on the Edition One, but is not even an available option on the Prestige. I am hoping that it is already installed in the Prestige and that someday Audi will offer to activate it for a fee, similar to the way Audi Connect is installed in every vehicle and can be activated for a fee..
It's not installed on the Prestige. The whole point of the edition one is for it to be special. It's one of the reasons we went with that model.

Now, that said, I'd expect Audi would make it an option later. Also, I bet you can buy the parts and install it yourself, though I don't expect it will be cheap.
Old 03-24-2019, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Re: Houston Ship Channel. Another retaining wall breach and chemical spill into the Ship Channel yesterday. Ship Channel closed for unknown duration. Could affect future ship arrivals, depending on departure date.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just checking again to see if anyone knows which vessel is 39 or where I find the info? Thanks!
Old 03-24-2019, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Aeroboiler
Just checking again to see if anyone knows which vessel is 39 or where I find the info? Thanks!
If the vessel has been on the water for a few days, your Audi dealership has access to the name of the car carrier vessel.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:01 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

FYI, My 2 Edition One e-tron's ordered on 9.15.18 left port on Friday for Southern California on M/V Appolon Leader according to my dealer.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

So, I want to take advantage of any new TX EV grant program if the current session of the TX Legislature passes one. The current program ends on May 31, 2019 and any new program will start on 1 Sept 2019. I called the support number and asked if my order could be moved to the back of the line. Answer: No. Must cancel and reorder.

My stats are as follows: Ordered 2/10/19. Lock date 3/28/2019. Est production date 4/25/2019 I had deliberately waited to order hoping for a later production date. No rush, I have two leases that won't toll until later and really preferred that there be a big order backlog.
I asked what is the est. prod date for orders placed this week. Answer: mid-May. Conclusion: Production is steaming ahead and there is no significant backlog of orders. This schedule is probably no different from what it would be for an order of ANY Audi. It leads me to wonder if there will be a surfeit of production this summer, with dealer stock cars accumulating and discounts on offer.

If I cancel now, I won't be on the Dealer list for test drives, etc. I think I'll contact the dealer and ask them if they want me to cancel, or let the car come and pass it over to them. Another consideration: The Trump Administration has not released it's report on German car tariffs. If a 25% tariff is imposed, will Audi honor current prices for reservation holders?
Old 03-25-2019, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Aeroboiler
#39 is the Euphrates Highway
Go to The PWL Group. Under Liner Schedules select US Gulf & Volkswagen Export.
That brings up a PDF schedule that shows expected load ready date in Emden & expected arrival dates at the various US ports. Take it with a grain of salt - especially with the Houston port bing closed for an unknown duration (your port may be Davisville so you should be OK).

Last edited by Cadx6; 03-25-2019 at 09:16 AM.
Old 03-25-2019, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ted99
So, I want to take advantage of any new TX EV grant program if the current session of the TX Legislature passes one. The current program ends on May 31, 2019 and any new program will start on 1 Sept 2019. I called the support number and asked if my order could be moved to the back of the line. Answer: No. Must cancel and reorder.

My stats are as follows: Ordered 2/10/19. Lock date 3/28/2019. Est production date 4/25/2019 I had deliberately waited to order hoping for a later production date. No rush, I have two leases that won't toll until later and really preferred that there be a big order backlog.
I asked what is the est. prod date for orders placed this week. Answer: mid-May. Conclusion: Production is steaming ahead and there is no significant backlog of orders. This schedule is probably no different from what it would be for an order of ANY Audi. It leads me to wonder if there will be a surfeit of production this summer, with dealer stock cars accumulating and discounts on offer.

If I cancel now, I won't be on the Dealer list for test drives, etc. I think I'll contact the dealer and ask them if they want me to cancel, or let the car come and pass it over to them. Another consideration: The Trump Administration has not released it's report on German car tariffs. If a 25% tariff is imposed, will Audi honor current prices for reservation holders?
As you said, the pace of production must be accelerating. You reserved your e-tron approximately two months after I did mine (December 4, 2018), and still your lock date and tentative production date are the same as mine. Very encouraging. Audi got this right: under-promise and over-perform.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts

Wow, I am also surprised. I ordered mine 12/1/18 and I am in the "Review your configuration", to be locked in 3 days. I am getting my 50 amp line installed in April, but was anticipating delivery in the Fall. I guess we'll see. I may have to put up with an extra car if it comes before the lease is up on my 535d
Old 03-25-2019, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts

Just read in "InsideEVs" article that the e-Tron is expected to retain >52% of its value after 3 years. Makes me question the "buy versus lease" decision. I've been leaning towards lease, but if the depreciation is not so bad that would help in several years if the technology has significantly advanced and I want to upgrade. Plus I can get both federal and state tax incentives if I buy. I'll guess I'll need to see what the lease offers will be.

Quick Reply: E-tron order status change