Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

E-tron order status change

Old 03-25-2019, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Just moved to "Gearing Up for Production"! Hallelujah!
Old 03-25-2019, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

It seems that Audi's email notification system leaves much to be desired. I have logged onto my reservation status daily and just noticed that I went from configuration locked status which was March 8 to leaving the factory as of 10 minutes ago! I Reserved a prestige on September 18 and was locked March 8. It seems like production really is moving along pretty well. The My Audi app is not keeping us apprised of it however..
Old 03-25-2019, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another data point from Southern California: Reserved 9/15/18, configuration locked 12/30/18, skipped to "in production" today.
Old 03-25-2019, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just spoke with my dealer, who confirmed that production is complete (Prestige, reserved 9/18). He also stated when reviewing my order, that the ship left the port on 2/18!!!! This is silly of course because production was also listed for 3/5, which was 3 days before my configuration locked. Confused yet? My advice to all of you future e-tron owners is to take the information on your My Audi reservation status with a grain of salt. Production is moving along quickly. However, nobody is going to take delivery of an e-tron until the EPA certifies it. Again according to the dealer, this is scheduled for May. Who knows.
Old 03-25-2019, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, my e-tron (Prestige, ordered 9/16/2018) jumped four steps in the order process in less than one day! This morning it was at step 3 (configuration locked). Tonight, it is at step 7 (en route). I'm definitely pleased, but WTF?
Old 03-25-2019, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by LRSIII
Well, my e-tron (Prestige, ordered 9/16/2018) jumped four steps in the order process in less than one day! This morning it was at step 3 (configuration locked). Tonight, it is at step 7 (en route). I'm definitely pleased, but WTF?
Could it be that Audi built ahead and is now matching what they produced with reservation holders?
Old 03-25-2019, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GiftCard
Could it be that Audi built ahead and is now matching what they produced with reservation holders?
Got me. My car is pretty loaded, but I didn't get every option. I left out the trailer hitch. To me, it would be odd (and extremely unlikely) that they just happened to build one exactly the way I ordered it, and then figured out they could send it to me.

I think it's more likely that the myAudi website does a pretty poor job of order tracking. The configuration locked on December 30, 2018, so I suspect they just went ahead and built it and never bothered to update the myAudi website.

Last edited by LRSIII; 03-25-2019 at 05:00 PM.
Old 03-25-2019, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Got me. My car is pretty loaded, but I didn't get every option. I left out the trailer hitch. To me, it would be odd ( and extremely unlikely) that they just happened to build one exactly the way I ordered it, and then figured out they could send it to me.

I think it's more likely that the myAudi website does a pretty poor job of order tracking. The configuration locked on December 30, 2018, so I suspect they just went ahead and built it and never bothered to update the myAudi website.
This seems to be most likely.
Old 03-25-2019, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Dealer now says the car was built on March 7 and put on the boat on March 11.
Old 03-25-2019, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Got me. My car is pretty loaded, but I didn't get every option. I left out the trailer hitch. To me, it would be odd ( and extremely unlikely) that they just happened to build one exactly the way I ordered it, and then figured out they could send it to me.

I agree. I believe that the information on myAudi indicates that dealer delivery is 5 to 7 months from that date which for the early reservation holders was December 30th. I bet May is likely but who knows.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: E-tron order status change