Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi e-Tron
Reload this Page >

E-tron order status change

Audi e-Tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-Tron SUV.

E-tron order status change

Old 04-23-2019, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Edition One I ordered on Sept 15th arrives at port in Northern CA on 4.29. Port is < 100mi from the dealer of purchase, but delivery won't happen until Audi has a launch date for the US.

Anyone hear of a launch date, other than sometime in May 2019?
Old 04-24-2019, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Jeff have you been "leaving factory" since April 19? Just trying to estimate how long "leaving factory" has been averaging. Thanks.
Old 04-24-2019, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by COe-Tron View Post
Jeff have you been "leaving factory" since April 19? Just trying to estimate how long "leaving factory" has been averaging. Thanks.
Yes - leaving factory on 4/19. Reservation 1/28, lock configuration 3/28, gearing up for production 4/3, in production 4/5. Based on a few other reports, the next milestone / status update will be the $1000 reservation deposit refunded to my credit card.
Old 04-24-2019, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Anyone dealing with a lease end and waiting for the e-Tron? Audi let me extend by 6 months which my reservation should have been delivered by then but given that e-Tron will be no doubt selling at MSRP i'm thinking it's best to try and sell the currently leased vehicle privately. Given the trade value at the dealer is going to be significantly lower and no cost reductions on the MSRP it's a win win for Audi. What are others in the same situation thinking?
Old 04-24-2019, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

The status on my Edition One changed to "US Arrival" late today. I'd say that's consistent with the news in another thread that the Port Hold was lifted today I don't yet see my reservation deposit posted to my card, but guessing that hits in a day or two.

Still lots of unknowns for me to decide if I am taking delivery or not....

- Why the discrepancy on the Edition One sticker MSRP price vs, the Edition One pricing on the reservation ($88,195 vs $86,700). If the higher price is the MSRP is correct, will we be forced to pay this? Do we get a $1,495 discount? Which MSRP will be used for lease calculations?

- Will Audi Financial pass the full amount of the federal tax credit on as an incentive on leases?

- What does the maintenance schedule look like and is Audi Care worth buying on a lease? And, will Audi Financial give a 1% residual increase for Audi Care as they do on gas vehicles?

I guess we'll all find out soon! Good luck everyone.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SCarGuy View Post
I'm a dealer...and have sold many cars to forum members. They can easily tell you the level of detail I provide on a purchase, whether an E-Tron or not. I've done multiple factory builds for members here.

The onus is on me to provide that information and communication - I am the liason, and that is what I am getting paid to do.
SCarGuy - my dealer seems to not be able to get any production or shipping information. Others on the forum are getting info on when production is scheduled to be completed along with which vessel is getting the vehicle. Where can I tell my dealer to look for this information?
Old 04-25-2019, 02:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well, ordered 12/1, lock 3/28, now 4/25 in production. Should be interesting to see how long it remains in production. I'm very interested to hear the experiences of the early adopters in terms of buying experience and initial impressions of the e-Tron. Should be an interesting couple weeks in the automotive world. Best of luck to our fellow e-Troners!
Old 04-25-2019, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DMcDnald View Post
Well, ordered 12/1, lock 3/28, now 4/25 in production. Should be interesting to see how long it remains in production. I'm very interested to hear the experiences of the early adopters in terms of buying experience and initial impressions of the e-Tron. Should be an interesting couple weeks in the automotive world. Best of luck to our fellow e-Troners!
Reservation Confirmed December 4, 2018
Review your configuration March 6, 2019
Configuration locked March 28, 2019
Gearing up for production April 3, 2019
In production April 25, 2019 - Given this date by Audi Customer Support some time ago, but as of this morning still gearing up.

When I spoke with support a few minutes ago I was told that once my e-tron entered production to expect delivery between 19 and 20 months.

Old 04-25-2019, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 1st Audi Owner View Post
In production April 25, 2019 - Given this date by Audi Customer Support some time ago, but as of this morning still gearing up.

When I spoke with support a few minutes ago I was told that once my e-tron entered production to expect delivery between 19 and 20 months.
You mean 19 and 20 weeks, correct?
Old 04-25-2019, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 1st Audi Owner View Post

I was supposed to go in to production today, but that doesn't appear it will happen.

Is 19 to 20 months a typo? That seems crazy. I'm going to have to call. I traded my Q7 a few weeks back to my local dealer with the understanding I would have the e tron by September at the absolute latest.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: E-tron order status change

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: