Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

E-tron order status change

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 82 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by 1st Audi Owner
Reservation Confirmed December 4, 2018
Review your configuration March 6, 2019
Configuration locked March 28, 2019
Gearing up for production April 3, 2019
In production April 25, 2019 - Given this date by Audi Customer Support some time ago, but as of this morning still gearing up.

When I spoke with support a few minutes ago I was told that once my e-tron entered production to expect delivery between 19 and 20 months.
I was supposed to go in to production today, but that doesn't appear it will happen.

Is 19 to 20 months a typo? That seems crazy. I'm going to have to call. I traded my Q7 a few weeks back to my local dealer with the understanding I would have the e tron by September at the absolute latest.
Old 04-25-2019, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My big time error .. so sorry

Originally Posted by Larry David
I was supposed to go in to production today, but that doesn't appear it will happen.

Is 19 to 20 months a typo? That seems crazy. I'm going to have to call. I traded my Q7 a few weeks back to my local dealer with the understanding I would have the e tron by September at the absolute latest.
Of course, I meant to write 19 to 20 WEEKS. That would make it the end of September at the latest. The rep, as usual, said it could be sooner. Sorry for my goof.
Old 04-25-2019, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Mine was in production on 4/5 and leaving factory on 4/19 - so strange.
Old 04-25-2019, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jeffbtx
Mine was in production on 4/5 and leaving factory on 4/19 - so strange.
If you have not already done so, you may want to phone Customer Support to verify the current status of your e-tron. Hopefully, it actually did leave the factory on the 19th. I should think that by now you would have received an email to that effect, but Audi's email notification system seems not to work up to Audi standards. (sarcasm intended).
Old 04-25-2019, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

When you traded your Q7 back what do you mean? They just took it and gave you money back or kept it to put towards the e-Tron purchase. My lease is up and determining the best course of action here. Save some money until the e-Tron arrives by giving them the car back or attempt to sell it privately and get maximum return on the vehicle. I have a suspicion taking it to the dealer would net me a around $3K above the residual vs. $5K to $7K privately. Obviously, saving a few months in lease payments would make this more appealing if I just gave the car back to the dealer now.

Audi informed me this morning that I should expect to see the car hit the dealer in 8 to 12 weeks as it's either on the boat or just about to go on it.
Old 04-25-2019, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 82 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by hrc1079
When you traded your Q7 back what do you mean? They just took it and gave you money back or kept it to put towards the e-Tron purchase. My lease is up and determining the best course of action here. Save some money until the e-Tron arrives by giving them the car back or attempt to sell it privately and get maximum return on the vehicle. I have a suspicion taking it to the dealer would net me a around $3K above the residual vs. $5K to $7K privately. Obviously, saving a few months in lease payments would make this more appealing if I just gave the car back to the dealer now.

Audi informed me this morning that I should expect to see the car hit the dealer in 8 to 12 weeks as it's either on the boat or just about to go on it.
Because of travel schedules and my wife taking the train to work, having two cars this summer was not an absolute requirement. I pre-traded my 2017 Q7 (I owned it, not lease) to maximize it's value, save on car payments and insurance. The dealer holds the money (interest free) for up to 9 months and then applies the balance to the e tron. I will still receive the Illinois sales tax benefit. I coach football and having two cars by the end of August will become much more important.
Old 04-25-2019, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Because of travel schedules and my wife taking the train to work, having two cars this summer was not an absolute requirement. I pre-traded my 2017 Q7 (I owned it, not lease) to maximize it's value, save on car payments and insurance. The dealer holds the money (interest free) for up to 9 months and then applies the balance to the e tron. I will still receive the Illinois sales tax benefit. I coach football and having two cars by the end of August will become much more important.
Good to know. My wife has a company car now and we have a car just sitting in the garage doing nothing so I could pre-trade the A4 to cease the lease payments, insurance, etc. and save a few grand doing so. Regardless of whether I take the e-Tron or not I will still get another Audi whether it be the Q8 or A6 so don't have issues with Audi holding onto the money. Thanks for the info.
Old 04-25-2019, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 1st Audi Owner
If you have not already done so, you may want to phone Customer Support to verify the current status of your e-tron. Hopefully, it actually did leave the factory on the 19th. I should think that by now you would have received an email to that effect, but Audi's email notification system seems not to work up to Audi standards. (sarcasm intended).
I did get an email from Audi dated yesterday, 4/24 (although website was updated 4/19) - it said:

It’s official. Your e-tron® has been fully assembled and is leaving the factory in Brussels. Now the real journey begins. Where it will hop aboard a cargo ship and cross the Atlantic to the U.S. Though the voyage could take up to a couple months, the reward will be well worth it.

has been fully assembled and is leaving the factory in Brussels. Now the real journey begins. Where it will hop aboard a cargo ship and cross the Atlantic to the U.S. Though the voyage could take up to a couple months, the reward will be well worth it.
Old 04-25-2019, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Your dealer must be nicer than mine. I was told I can return the car any time I want and forfeit the positive equity. If I wait until the car arrives then the positive equity will be applied at the time of the deal only.
Old 04-26-2019, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 125 Likes on 80 Posts

Hallelujah!

MY Galaxy Blue Prestige Ordered 9/20 locked 12/30 in production 3/22 has Left the Factory on 4/25 !

Things are moving....

Quick Reply: E-tron order status change