Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

E-tron order status change

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2019, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by e-tronDriver
See attached PDF file, this is the order status info that your dealer has access to through their online system. I bracketed info on the second page relating to production and delivery dates.
I'm sure the e-tron Customer Service phone line has access to the same information and for whatever reason has been giving everyone a standard "15-17 weeks" delivery timeframe.
Thanks for that. The reservation website showed mine leaving the factory on 4/19 and I was notifies by email this week (5/2) that car was en route. I called Audi yesterday to verify and CR rep said that was correct and that I was looking at an 8 to 10 week period en route.
Old 05-05-2019, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by e-tronDriver
See attached PDF file, this is the order status info that your dealer has access to through their online system. I bracketed info on the second page relating to production and delivery dates.
I'm sure the e-tron Customer Service phone line has access to the same information and for whatever reason has been giving everyone a standard "15-17 weeks" delivery timeframe.
My dealer gave me a similar sheet back in March. So far it has been a good predictor, with Audi beating the dates by a day or two. My car spent nearly a month "in production", but this sheet predicted exactly that.

So for all the stories about delays here, delays there, cutting production, motors, batteries, whatever - Audi knew how long it was going to take to build my car back in March.

FWIW, I reserved a Premium Plus the day after the launch.
Old 05-05-2019, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes and Audi knew the range long long before EPA made its findings.
Old 05-05-2019, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Five months and still not in production

I have tired of the whole process and have begun looking at alternative vehicles, both ICE and BEV. The lease numbers quoted on this forum may be acceptable to those among us who choose to be an "early adopter," but I am not overly eager for a new car and have chosen to wait as long as it takes for the market to achieve normalcy. By then, MB, BMW and others will have competing vehicles. Perhaps, by the date my e-tron is expected to arrive, the market will be different.
Old 05-05-2019, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by 1st Audi Owner
I have tired of the whole process and have begun looking at alternative vehicles, both ICE and BEV. The lease numbers quoted on this forum may be acceptable to those among us who choose to be an "early adopter," but I am not overly eager for a new car and have chosen to wait as long as it takes for the market to achieve normalcy. By then, MB, BMW and others will have competing vehicles. Perhaps, by the date my e-tron is expected to arrive, the market will be different.
the leasing deals don’t seem to be consistent either. Everything seems to be coming in at around the $1,200 mark but the money factor is varying a bit for the people who have listed their leasing deals on here. From the ordering mess up, lack of valid information and varying deals all over the place is seems Audi is completely disorganized for the launch of there first BEV. I asked my dealer for an order update yesterday and they couldn’t tell me....
Old 05-06-2019, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Battery supply could be a crunch for anyone except Tesla in the near future. I read where all the current players are having trouble locking in supplies and suppliers asking for more money: M-B EQC, i-Pace, e-Tron(s). Several battery plants in development in Europe but none imminent. It may be that BMW, with it's China fabrication of the iX3 may be OK as the battery production is there and the China suppliers don't seem to have any problem getting plants built quickly. Evidence the new China Tesla superfactory's first phase about to come on line. The European fab seemingly will be up by 2020/22, so that's when things may ease up. Could be that early buyers of the e-Tron are the fortunate ones, if you want in now.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by hrc1079
the leasing deals don’t seem to be consistent either. Everything seems to be coming in at around the $1,200 mark but the money factor is varying a bit for the people who have listed their leasing deals on here. From the ordering mess up, lack of valid information and varying deals all over the place is seems Audi is completely disorganized for the launch of there first BEV. I asked my dealer for an order update yesterday and they couldn’t tell me....
Audi sets a base rate money factor which I believe is .0023. The dealers can mark this up whatever they want.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Car been 50 miles away for almost 2 weeks now. Most dealers in the area, even further ones, got theirs delivered. My boss, who was not a reservation holder, got offered a cancelation from the dealer near his house. My dealer is clueless and I'm very annoyed, I could have not had a reservation and had the car before this. To top it off, my dealer now is trying to say stuff like "no one in the area has got theirs" which is contrary to news posts and users on the forum. Overall very frustrated, especially not that my dealer seems annoyed and inconvenienced at me asking for an update every few days.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 125 Likes on 80 Posts

OK! Mine is on Shipping vessel 176. How do I find out which one this is?
Old 05-06-2019, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 93 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by theo1000
OK! Mine is on Shipping vessel 176. How do I find out which one this is?
176 is "Goodwood" Voy# 066A expected - arrive Davisville May 15, Jasonville: May 18 Houston: May 23

go here The PWL Group
select Trade lane US Gulf and then VW export

Quick Reply: E-tron order status change