Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

E-tron order status change

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 125 Likes on 80 Posts

Thx. Much appreciated.

Its sailing in the middle of the Atlantic! Hopefully a big batch of Etrons.

Is Kansas/Missouri Houston or Davisville?
Old 05-06-2019, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Reliantg
Car been 50 miles away for almost 2 weeks now. Most dealers in the area, even further ones, got theirs delivered. My boss, who was not a reservation holder, got offered a cancelation from the dealer near his house. My dealer is clueless and I'm very annoyed, I could have not had a reservation and had the car before this. To top it off, my dealer now is trying to say stuff like "no one in the area has got theirs" which is contrary to news posts and users on the forum. Overall very frustrated, especially not that my dealer seems annoyed and inconvenienced at me asking for an update every few days.
I was in the exact same situation. My dealer only had 2 get released from Benicia last week. 1 Edition One for a customer and 1 for a demo. Luckily when I came by to test drive the demo, the customer for the Edition One had just declined his car. I bought his instead of waiting for mine. I asked about the port hold up. Customs takes about a week, after that it is limited to processing and trucking capacity constraints. They are expecting several truckloads to get released this week and next. You should be getting yours very soon.

BTW... the car is awesome! And totally worth the wait.
Old 05-06-2019, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by theo1000
Well my Galaxy Blue Presitge is 'enroute' today!

Ordered 9/20 locked 12/30 in production 3/22 leaving factory 4/24 enroute 5/4

Dealer sent me VIN yesterday
Mine went into leaving factory status on 4/19 and according to my dealer this morning it's still "leaving the factory". I spoke to Audi online on 4/25 and they told me it was on a boat en route to the US. No one seems to have any clue what's going on. The dealer did tell me I could buy the demonstration model if I didn't want to wait. No, I just want someone to tell me where my damn order is!!!!
Old 05-06-2019, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

I think your dealer needs to buck up.

Ask Audi which boat it is on. My dealer just told me mine is on the Goodwood. Ship #176. It would not surprise me if yours was on it too.

The website is all over the place, but the dealers have access to precise knowledge.
Old 05-06-2019, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

I think your dealer needs to buck up.

Ask Audi which boat it is on. My dealer just told me mine is on the Goodwood. Ship #176. It would not surprise me if yours was on it too.

The website is all over the place, but the dealers have access to precise knowledge.
I agree. I’m thinking of changing dealer but I don’t think they would care about losing the sale. I just got this response from them after pushing them multiple times to do some more research -

“The customer’s e-tron is built and is now at the Port of Emden (Germany). It will most likely be loaded on the next scheduled vessel for the US (Vessel = “Glovis Sunlight”) which is expected to depart Wednesday evening, and should arrive at the Port of Benicia, CA on or about June 7th.

i find it amazing that others who have come out of production afterwards are on boats already but mine for some reason got stuck at the factory. This is extremely annoying when Audi told me on the 25th April that it was already En Route to the US but the site hadn’t updated yet.

I’m beyond frustrated with this whole process.

** Update - Asked for VIN and told it's not available **

Last edited by hrc1079; 05-06-2019 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

So somehow it managed to go from the factory to port in 3 hours. Not!

BTW your VIN is most definitely available to the dealer by now. It is factory thing and not at the port thing
Old 05-06-2019, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

I think I will just deal with the e-Tron customer service and see what I can get out of them. If the dates are correct i'm happy it's arriving next month but i'm not happy about having to fight to get this information that others seem to be able to get so easily from their dealers
Old 05-06-2019, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

So somehow it managed to go from the factory to port in 3 hours. Not!

BTW your VIN is most definitely available to the dealer by now. It is factory thing and not at the port thing
LOL - response when asking for VIN for insurance quoting

“If that is the case we will need to wait until AUDI to issue a vin for your car.

I’m not giving advice on the insurance, I would figure if you provide a similar price vehicle they can give you an idea what it would cost.”

Nice talking to you. Feel free to contact me anytime.
Old 05-07-2019, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry David
You got my hopes up. My order is still scheduled to lock on 3/28. Original order placed on 10/25/18
Larry you have been uncharacteristically quiet. How are you doing with your reservation?
Old 05-07-2019, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 82 Likes on 54 Posts

I've been in India for a week, just got back yesterday. While I was out, mine did enter production and has been in production for about a week. It appears pretty standard to stay in production for several weeks. Henry Ford is rolling in his grave.

Quick Reply: E-tron order status change