Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

E-tron order status change

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hrc1079
Is there anything missing from the E1 that isn’t on the Prestige? I know the additions but wanted to make sure if I dropped my Prestige that I wouldn’t be missing something off the E1. If some dealers are stuck with E1’s and will shave a couple of grand off I might be tempted.

My car is on a boat not but not due until June. Status still says “leaving factory” so no idea when I’ll get my $1000 back considering it’s actually “En Route”

Tempted by the E1 but given June if just around the corner, maybe I just wait
The only things not on the E1 that you may have optioned on your prestige would be the towing package and the rear seat airbags / illuminated seatbelt receptacles. With the E1, you'd be getting several exclusive features including the Daytona Grey paint, edition one puddle lamps, interior trim upgrades, edition one wheels, and night vision assist.
Old 05-13-2019, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by EditionOne
The only things not on the E1 that you may have optioned on your prestige would be the towing package and the rear seat airbags / illuminated seatbelt receptacles. With the E1, you'd be getting several exclusive features including the Daytona Grey paint, edition one puddle lamps, interior trim upgrades, edition one wheels, and night vision assist.
Thanks. I did order the rear seat airbags with the illuminated seatbelt receptacles. Are they worth holding out for though if a deal is to be had. Haha
Old 05-13-2019, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Edition one vs Prestige

Prestige

(MSRP: $81,800*)

The Prestige model comes equipped with all the standard features of the Premium Plus model plus all of these additional features:
  • Head-up display
  • Driver Assistance package
  • Individual Contour front seats w/ massage
  • Power-door closers
  • Rear window sunshades
  • Dual-pane acoustic front side windows
  • Valcona Leather + extended leather
  • Memory for front passenger seat
  • Air quality package + ionizer
  • Available 21" wheels with All-Season Tires
Reserve Now

First Edition

(MSRP: $86,700*)

The Audi e-tron Edition One is being launched in the US in limited quantities. Only 999 units are available. The e-tron Edition One is based on the Prestige trim with the following additional equipment:
  • Daytona Grey Pearl Effect exterior paint
  • 21-inch bi-color Black Edition One wheels, All-Season tires
  • Aluminum-Optic exterior trim
  • Dynamic orange painted brake calipers
  • Black Valcona leather interior w/gray contrast stitching
  • Volcano Gray Ash Natural Wood inlays
  • LED puddle lamp "edition one" projection
  • Night Vision Assistant
  • Cold Weather Package
Reserve Now

Old 05-13-2019, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man, I'm really bummed the E1 doesn't have the rear seat lights and airbags, I mean really Audi? A couple things holding me back from finalizing.
Old 05-13-2019, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by lee55audi
I purchased the Edition One a week ago for $2,000 off of my reserved price. Also received the Loyalty rebate $750 (own 2014 Q5).
My plan was to test drive the vehicle and think it over next day before deciding to purchase or not. At least that is what my better half told me to do.
Anyway, they gave the usual spiel about brand new model and selling at msrp and ask what it would take? I told them $2000 off and very surprised they said yes because definitely I was expecting a counter offer.(no haggling at all ). I took the car home that afternoon and also took advantage of 1.9% financing. Very pleasant experience.
How many months was the 1.9%?
Old 05-13-2019, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by njjoe
How many months was the 1.9%?
I was offered 1.9% for 66 months.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 125 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by lee55audi
I purchased the Edition One a week ago for $2,000 off of my reserved price. Also received the Loyalty rebate $750 (own 2014 Q5).
My plan was to test drive the vehicle and think it over next day before deciding to purchase or not. At least that is what my better half told me to do.
Anyway, they gave the usual spiel about brand new model and selling at msrp and ask what it would take? I told them $2000 off and very surprised they said yes because definitely I was expecting a counter offer.(no haggling at all ). I took the car home that afternoon and also took advantage of 1.9% financing. Very pleasant experience.
Good to know.

So after the ~ $1500 Audi voucher for E1 reservation holders right?

Sounds like I need to waver more with my dealer.

1.9% for 66 months is awful nice. I was planning on paying cash for mine but 1.9% is tough to turn down. Might a 50/50.
Old 05-14-2019, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my view, an offer of 1.9 percent by Audi Financial is another expression of Audi's belief that the e-tron will not maintain a decent secondhand value. Sales must be sluggish. I should prefer a better money factor and residual than is being offered. Audi has no need to do this as long as leases significantly outnumber purchases. Look for financing deals when the pent-up demand of early adopters and those of us with FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) have been satisfied. I anticipate six months from now dealer lots will have a fair amount of e-trons for sale with better terms.
Old 05-14-2019, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 125 Likes on 80 Posts

...or.... ..The entire car industry is slowing and money is super cheap right now. For God's sake the F150 is going for 0% interest right now. What is America coming to!

The Etron is special order, it's not going to pile up in great numbers for a while.

Last edited by theo1000; 05-14-2019 at 04:57 PM.
Old 05-14-2019, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by theo1000
Good to know.

So after the ~ $1500 Audi voucher for E1 reservation holders right?

Sounds like I need to waver more with my dealer.

1.9% for 66 months is awful nice. I was planning on paying cash for mine but 1.9% is tough to turn down. Might a 50/50.
This was after the Audi voucher for my E1 reservation. I did around 50/50 for the 1.9% financing. You can always payoff early.

Quick Reply: E-tron order status change