Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

E-tron order status change

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 06:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Tronification
According to cars.com the supply of etrons on the ground is growing by some 20 cars a day. Under normal circumstances, we should start seeing some decent discounts, just as with the Q8.

My guess though is that, as expensive as it is, the eTron is a zero or negative margin vehicle for Audi at the moment and they will adjust supply to meet the demand while they’re working on the bespoke platforms that will presumably lower their unit costs. Those, starting with the Q4, will likely be sold through the normal channel, while the eTron will remain a direct-order model, at least until the next gen models are ready.
I agree. The margins on the e-tron are thin for Audi and the dealerships. Dealerships don't incur the costs associated with their normal inventory and Audi has adjusted accordingly. There is no real cost to the dealer to have a car sit on their lot waiting for a buyer.

Also, the North American market is not the only market. Worldwide demand from more enlightened countries and those with higher incentives, is strong. Nearly half of ALL cars sold in Norway in the first half of the year were electric EVs Make Up Half of New Car Sales in Norway So Far This Year. Theoretically, if there are no customers in the US, no cars will get shipped here.

The US might well be nearing peak e-tron.

Last edited by LavaGrau_A3; 07-11-2019 at 07:09 PM.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Pratt
I am awaiting arrival of Etron premium plus from port. Salesman says current offer 2.9%, claimed to not have heard of 1.9% offer. When I showed him online story regarding 1.9% financing for 66 months online (story back in May) he stated that the website wasn’t credible. Also denies any loyalty incentive availability. Has anyone been successful in getting any sort of incentive(s)?
I leased mine but got the Audi loyalty incentive along with the federal tax credit applied
Old 07-12-2019, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hrc1079
I leased mine but got the Audi loyalty incentive along with the federal tax credit applied

I thought about Leasing, but the lease compared to 0 down purchase lead to almost the same monthly payments, ($100 difference), knowing this I took the gamble, if in 3 years I would rather have a different car I will lose, but if I still like the car in 4 years I will win. The way the EV market is expanding, you are more likely to have made the best financial decision. Everyone's situation is slightly different.
Old 07-12-2019, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

According to cars.com the supply of etrons on the ground is growing by some 20 cars a day. Under normal circumstances, we should start seeing some decent discounts, just as with the Q8.

My guess though is that, as expensive as it is, the eTron is a zero or negative margin vehicle for Audi at the moment and they will adjust supply to meet the demand while they’re working on the bespoke platforms that will presumably lower their unit costs. Those, starting with the Q4, will likely be sold through the normal channel, while the eTron will remain a direct-order model, at least until the next gen models are ready.

I typically use my own info and instincts on the car market, albeit a very small sample size. Here in Seattle, our dealer has sold 18 E-Tron's so far (as of 3 days ago), and had 3 cancel, one of those cancelled models is on the showroom floor with additional markup. the other two were sold within a week of arriving (First Edition models). The one on the showroom floor is the Prestige Antigua blue color, which is very polarizing, people like it or hate it. Actually the guy who cancelled it, cancelled it because he did not like the color when he saw it in person, and reordered a Galaxy Blue model.
Old 07-12-2019, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

On cars.com there are some e-trons with a 4K discount. Not sure if that's real or not.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 82 Likes on 54 Posts

Doesn't look like I will be taking delivery today. Here's hoping for next week. No reason given as to why the further delay.
Old 07-15-2019, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry David
I'll hopefully let you know tomorrow. If there truly is nothing the dealership can do, then my sales rep is correct, they are the middle man and thus provide zero value. If that true and I were them, I'd be looking for a new job.
Larry, I closed the deal on mine yesterday and I did get the 1.9% financing and the dealer applied the loyalty discount, although it's been discontinued by Audi. You can get 1.9% for up to 66 months, or 2.9% for 72 months. I'm in the Seattle area.
Old 07-15-2019, 09:34 AM
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hanma
On cars.com there are some e-trons with a 4K discount. Not sure if that's real or not.
There are even bigger discounts on autotrader.com.
Old 07-19-2019, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Etron damaged en route!

Regarding discounts on AutoTrader, I think all or virtually all of “discounted” vehicles are just subtracting the $7500 federal tax credit.

I just learned that my new Audi Etron was damaged en route to port, with extensive damage to it including to the frame. In fact, it has been declared a total loss and is going to be “crushed” per the dealer. 😩
Old 07-19-2019, 08:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Robert Pratt
I just learned that my new Audi Etron was damaged en route to port, with extensive damage to it including to the frame. In fact, it has been declared a total loss and is going to be “crushed” per the dealer. 😩
That is awful news! I hope that a replacement is urgently in the works for you!

Quick Reply: E-tron order status change