AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-e-tron-q8-e-tron-232/)
-   -   e-tron sales (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-e-tron-q8-e-tron-232/e-tron-sales-2972905/)

Todd Evans 05-24-2019 01:07 PM

e-tron sales

Seems to be a growing number of e-trons throughout the country. My local dealer said they only had one coming in for a demo unit, now they have 3 sitting on the lot from cancelled pre-orders. Inventory on cars.com has gone from 200 to 260 in just a couple of days. Mine will be here in a week or two but very concerned about resell values given the low range numbers of 204 and real world range numbers below that. Probably going to be on the list of cancellations.

BlackOptic 05-24-2019 02:22 PM

I checked my local dealer's website and it shows no e-trons in stock... yet cars.com shows two. Funny how they aren't showing these as on-the-lot cars.

(I am still waiting for BlackOptic, tho. Bummed to see Europe getting them. Plus, bring on the Sportback!)

Todd Evans 05-24-2019 02:28 PM

My guess is that site is the Audi managed site so there is no "model" available to assign to an e-tron. And since they are build to order, they don't expect to have inventory - other than cancelled orders.

Cadx6 05-25-2019 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by Todd Evans (Post 25321324)
My guess is that site is the Audi managed site so there is no "model" available to assign to an e-tron. And since they are build to order, they don't expect to have inventory - other than cancelled orders.

According to my dealer - Audi is not allowing them to list e-trons for sale on their web page or any social media pages.

STElevation 05-27-2019 07:55 PM

First time posting, long time lurker....moving from a Tesla Model S 85 and test drove the audi this weekend. Been reading a lot of the pros and cons on this forum and watching videos on youtube as well. Weighed the pros and cons, but ultimately decided I want to make a move on the etron once my lease is up next month.

It seems multiple dealerships in SoCal with Edition 1's sitting on their lot, ready to purchase if I wanted. I called two of them asking about the possibility of memorial day discounts (can't hurt to ask), rebates, incentives, etc, but no one wanted to budge off the $89k price tag. Both dealerships said they would not budge off of the MSRP and offered 3.99% financing. I brought up the 1.99% apr that was supposed to be applied, but they said they didn't hear of it and they could only go as low as 3.99%

If they were desperate, you would think they'd work with me. At bare minimum I probably would have gone for MSRP with 1.99%, but the fact that they weren't even willing to play ball put me off a bit.

Anyone else getting any wiggle room given the number of E1's sitting on lots in the US?

Traveler29 05-27-2019 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by STElevation (Post 25322377)
First time posting, long time lurker....moving from a Tesla Model S 85 and test drove the audi this weekend. Been reading a lot of the pros and cons on this forum and watching videos on youtube as well. Weighed the pros and cons, but ultimately decided I want to make a move on the etron once my lease is up next month.

It seems multiple dealerships in SoCal with Edition 1's sitting on their lot, ready to purchase if I wanted. I called two of them asking about the possibility of memorial day discounts (can't hurt to ask), rebates, incentives, etc, but no one wanted to budge off the $89k price tag. Both dealerships said they would not budge off of the MSRP and offered 3.99% financing. I brought up the 1.99% apr that was supposed to be applied, but they said they didn't hear of it and they could only go as low as 3.99%

If they were desperate, you would think they'd work with me. At bare minimum I probably would have gone for MSRP with 1.9%, but the fact that they weren't even willing to play ball put me off a bit.

Anyone else getting any wiggle room given the number of E1's sitting on lots in the US?

I was able to get the $750 Audi loyalty discount as well as the discount from MSRP to original order MSRP as well as 1.99% financing. The financing was a bit of a push from me and my sales rep to the finance manager. The 1.9% rate is there from Audi Financial Services but the finance department at the dealership tries to make money for their department by not offering it. I had my sales rep use this link to show the finance manager and was eventually offered the 1.9% rate. Keep pushing them!

Link to the finance rate: https://www.carsdirect.com/deals-art...yalty-discount

Tronification 05-28-2019 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by BlackOptic (Post 25321322)
I checked my local dealer's website and it shows no e-trons in stock... yet cars.com shows two. Funny how they aren't showing these as on-the-lot cars.

Dealer websites seem to be run by some Audi-provided software and that seems to exclude all eTrons. Dealers are not allowed to sell their demo units for 6 months, that’s probably why the software does not show them yet (that and the fact that showing them would indirectly advertise the cancellation rate).

theo1000 05-28-2019 06:32 AM

My dealer has (2) Etrons sitting on the showroom floor. They are just gorgeous vehicles and they are using it for display and foot traffic. Show them the Etron for $89,000 sell them the Q7 next door for $72,000. Seemed to be working real well. I even had to wait 45 minutes to get my hands on the demo Etron. 2 couples ahead of me went for a spin on it around the block and then came back and went straight to a A6 and Q8. Dealer said they had 2 more orders for the Etron last week.

Its a fantastic advertisement for Audi quality and fit and finish at the top end. Dealers will want a few examples sitting on their lots at all times. I'm not getting any vibes from my dealer on deals down from MSRP. I'm debating is 1-2k is worth the aggravation of a botched purchase process.

Midnightblue 05-28-2019 07:49 AM

For reference, Audi has about 290 dealerships in the US. So 260 is less than one per dealership. Hardly a massive overstock.

DMcDnald 05-28-2019 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Midnightblue (Post 25322495)
For reference, Audi has about 290 dealerships in the US. So 260 is less than one per dealership. Hardly a massive overstock.

I've seen individual dealerships in the Boston area with 4 or more e-trons on the lot, however. Clearly, there have been cancellations. Some have been on the lot for a month, according to Cargurus.