Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

e-tron sales

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 08:07 AM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 515 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd Evans
Mine will be here in a week or two but very concerned about resell values given the low range numbers of 204 and real world range numbers below that. Probably going to be on the list of cancellations.
Even as high as demand is for EV's I think it is known the resale value of the e-tron will be abysmal. If you are worried about resale an Audi EV is undoubtedly not the way to go.
Until they make things like batteries modular/upgradeable (which may never happen) resale will always be poor...since as discussed in other threads...next year's EV will be much better.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 125 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by gk1
Even as high as demand is for EV's I think it is known the resale value of the e-tron will be abysmal. If you are worried about resale an Audi EV is undoubtedly not the way to go.
Until they make things like batteries modular/upgradeable (which may never happen) resale will always be poor...since as discussed in other threads...next year's EV will be much better.
There just starting to be 3rd party Battery upgrades coming in for out of warranty Nissan Leafs. The main problem is just about every Volt & I3 is still under original warranty. Once the warranty expires, reconditioned/upgraded batteries will become more prevalent. But yes it would be a minimum 8 year wait on the Etron as it has a 8 year warranty on battery as well. One of those situations where a long warranty actually retards the value of the vehicle.

Last edited by theo1000; 05-28-2019 at 08:43 AM.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by theo1000
There just starting to be 3rd party Battery upgrades coming in for out of warranty Nissan Leafs. The main problem is just about every Volt & I3 is still under original warranty. Once the warranty expires, reconditioned/upgraded batteries will become more prevalent. But yes it would be a minimum 8 year wait on the Etron as it has a 8 year warranty on battery as well. One of those situations where a long warranty actually retards the value of the vehicle.
The e-tron is a vehicle to be leased, not purchased. Who wants to keep a vehicle more than three years, anyway?
Old 05-28-2019, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I wonder down the road in about 30 years how much will the first electric Audi be worth?
Old 05-28-2019, 11:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gabibistrita
I wonder down the road in about 30 years how much will the first electric Audi be worth?
Very little. Too many are being made.
Old 05-29-2019, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 1st Audi Owner
The e-tron is a vehicle to be leased, not purchased. Who wants to keep a vehicle more than three years, anyway?
The issue is that the embedded money factor rate and residual value offered by Audi will render leasing as a less viable option. You could potentially purchase the vehicle, finance it at a rate much lower than the lease money factor rate, sell after three years (while taking a huge depreciation hit due to the factors mentioned above) and come out ahead of where you would have been had you leased.

That said, I agree with your sentiment but Audi knows this and will adjust the variables accordingly to drive more purchases.
Old 05-29-2019, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I've declined my e-Tron waiting to see what the real world EV-only range of the 2020 BMW X5 45e is. So far as I can extrapolate, the cost and weight will be about the same. If the EV-only range is 35 miles, it will serve 100% of my local driving needs and I'll still have a 35 MPG ICE for long trips. I'm also waiting for PHEV versions of the Q5 or Q7. If none of these pass 35 miles EV range, it'll be the Q4 e-Tron for me, with it's dedicated EV platform (unless CPO e-Tron's start showing up). I have the luxury of my BMW X5 40e lease not tolling until 11/2020.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by realfan
The issue is that the embedded money factor rate and residual value offered by Audi will render leasing as a less viable option. You could potentially purchase the vehicle, finance it at a rate much lower than the lease money factor rate, sell after three years (while taking a huge depreciation hit due to the factors mentioned above) and come out ahead of where you would have been had you leased.

That said, I agree with your sentiment but Audi knows this and will adjust the variables accordingly to drive more purchases.
Agree. Interest over the 3 year period is about $7K more with the lease (assuming .0023 MF vs. 1.99% financing) Risk is that the depreciation curve is much steeper than the 51% that Audi has put on the lease.
Old 05-31-2019, 06:06 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

My local dealer is now showing e-tron inventory on their corporate web site, so if there was a prohibition on this it has apparently been lifted.
Old 05-31-2019, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts

Very interesting. Even more interesting is that both Westwood and Natick have only one e-tron listed. If you check Cargurus there are several listed. I wonder why the discrepancy?

Quick Reply: e-tron sales