Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

e-tron sales

Old 05-31-2019, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm getting the same slight of hand at my local delears in Virginia Beach. My local dealer has none. However, a dealer 25 miles away in Hampton shows none on their site, shows 5 on Autotrader.com, and when I contacted them, they initially stated they had between 3-5? Odd...then I finally asked for a build sheet for their units in stock and for sale and I was sent one build sheet for a E1...
Old 05-31-2019, 09:05 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by PistolPeteEV
I'm getting the same slight of hand at my local delears in Virginia Beach. My local dealer has none. However, a dealer 25 miles away in Hampton shows none on their site, shows 5 on Autotrader.com, and when I contacted them, they initially stated they had between 3-5? Odd...then I finally asked for a build sheet for their units in stock and for sale and I was sent one build sheet for a E1...
In my experience, it's pretty common for dealers to list their demo cars for sale even though they're really not, just to get you into the dealership. So that may be the reason for the discrepancy in some cases.
Old 05-31-2019, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts

According to Cargurus, some of the e-trons have been on the lot for a month. I'm sure they'd like to move them asap, but not enough to come down on price.
Old 05-31-2019, 09:56 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

I did a search on TrueCar the other day and they're saying that e-trons in my area (Boston) are selling on average $3K above sticker price.
Old 06-01-2019, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by STElevation

Anyone else getting any wiggle room given the number of E1's sitting on lots in the US?
Yes... I was able to negotiate a significant discount. The key was finding a dealer who had multiple edition one's on the lot. 4 in the case of the dealer I bought mine from. Don't be afraid to e-mail out of town dealers who have them. Also, do your searches on autotrader, as by far the most vehicles showed up there. They aren't showing up on dealer websites, and cars.com only has a subset.

Good luck!
Old 06-04-2019, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Tronification
Dealer websites seem to be run by some Audi-provided software and that seems to exclude all eTrons. Dealers are not allowed to sell their demo units for 6 months, that’s probably why the software does not show them yet (that and the fact that showing them would indirectly advertise the cancellation rate).
My dealer's website now shows one Edition One in stock.
Old 06-05-2019, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

My dealer has one first edition and a couple of PPs that were cancelled orders (Blue and white)...tried to get them to budge on price on the E1, but they wouldn't budge off the $89,190...Was able to get the $750 loyalty, and thanks to this site, let them know about the 1.9% financing, so got that. I currently drive a 2017 Q7 that is paid for...They initially offered a low trade-in price that I was able to get them to increase almost $2,200. But, here in VA, you still pay the sales tax on the full price of the car, even with a trade-in (sales tax here is 4.35%) so that would have been another $1,800, so there is no incentive to trade in here unless you don't want to deal with selling a car yourself.

In the end, I have never, and cannot, pay MSRP for a car. Bought my Q7 when it was a year old and have only had it a year. So, I don't think I'm done with it yet....I'll keep following the threads to see how the e-tron progresses. It's a great car. Hoping next year's model gets more like 250 in range to stay competitive with the class (for me).
Old 06-05-2019, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by S7maybe
My dealer's website now shows one Edition One in stock.
Yeah, the dealers near me are showing in stock as well. One has 4 listed and the other has 2.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

https://www.greencarreports.com/news...other-vehicles

WOW! I knew that EVs depreciate faster than ICE vehicles, but this is borderline ridiculous. And, you have to take into account the majority of the current EVs on the road are not luxury models (Tesla is a separate category). For example, they list the average ICE depreciation at around 38%, however, my Q7, according to NADA is 45%. I've seen similar numbers for other luxury vehicles too; some even higher. So, just looking at the e-Tron E1 at 89,190, in 3 years, it will be worth approximately $35,676 using a conservative 60% depreciation. YIKES! I know, what about the tax rebate? Taking that into account, the depreciation only comes out to 56.4%. OK, what about the gas savings over that 3 years? With the current gas prices and price of electric by me, that would be about $1,800/yr at 15k miles/year....$5,400 over three years. That's still a depreciation of 53.2%.

So, to sell it at the average EV depreciation of 56%, it would have to sell for about 85k.

So, to put the e-tron on par with something like a Q7 at a 45% depreciation over 3 years, you would have to sell the e-tron for about 78k (includes the $7,500 tax credit and $5,400 gas savings)....

LASTLY, this only takes into account the MSRP because that's what the depreciation is figured off of, regardless of sales price. Since most people don't pay MSRP for an ICE (or shouldn't), the starting number for the e-tron are what the MSRP should be...hence, an even lower sales price...

Not sure if I'm just nuts or screwed up my numbers but having a hard time rationalizing this....thoughts, criticisms, corrections welcome!

I do have to say though, with the title time I've spent in the cockpit of the e-tron, I prefer the older MMI of my 2017 Q7.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

You were able to get the 1.9% financing this month? All the dealers I am talking to say it’s now 2.99%. Do you have a link to the 1.9% for June? Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: e-tron sales