Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Electrify America Location Disscussion

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom-ETRON
I told you that was coming a long time ago, you doubted me? Moses Lake coming too...
It's nice to see it added to the map. One step closer to being ready for use.
Old 06-03-2019, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd like to see them build more in Southern Minnesota. They are building one in Woodbury, MN, which is a far east Minneapolis St. Paul suburb, and that's it for Minnesota. If you're driving south, the next one is down in Iowa.
The following users liked this post:
Hotbox3443 (09-07-2019)
Old 06-03-2019, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Couple absolutely critical locations added for me. They've filled the gap on I5 north between Willows, CA and Yreka. New location at Anderson, just south of Redding. I'm set for the drive to Eugene once they go online. Some good locations eastbound on I80 to Tahoe too. Positive developments.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd love to see them branch off I5 more now. 26 chargers in Seattle, but I still can't go to the coast or Bend. Oh well, not complaining. As of right now I can get from Vancouver to California no sweat, which I was not expecting this soon.
Old 06-04-2019, 01:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts

You guys in the NW are way ahead of us in the NE I95 corridor. Boston to Philly would be a challenge still. There are a couple in CT already. There are some chargers going to be installed in the NYC area and in NJ that will make life better. Hopefully, they won't be too far off I95. Perhaps the biggest challenge will be charging at my destination.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm planning our first freeway trip (Mpls -> Chicago) for next weekend and I know from the Electrify America App and Site (and have confirmed on PlugShare) that there are several operational EA stations that the etron's integrated Nav doesn't seem to know about yet (so it doesn't think we can get there but I know we can). I've got automatic map updates enabled and one just completed a couple days ago. Are people seeing a delay between when an EA site becomes operational and when the Nav knows about them? Or maybe I've not found a setting for this and I'm inadvertently filtering them out of consideration?
Old 06-12-2019, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by wetz001
I'm planning our first freeway trip (Mpls -> Chicago) for next weekend and I know from the Electrify America App and Site (and have confirmed on PlugShare) that there are several operational EA stations that the etron's integrated Nav doesn't seem to know about yet (so it doesn't think we can get there but I know we can). I've got automatic map updates enabled and one just completed a couple days ago. Are people seeing a delay between when an EA site becomes operational and when the Nav knows about them? Or maybe I've not found a setting for this and I'm inadvertently filtering them out of consideration?
I've noticed the same. I'll plan a trip that bypasses an EA 150kW charger and adds two 50kW chargers to the route. Huh? I can then add the address of the EA charger, but I can't figure out how to designate that stop as a charging stop. Major update needed. Maybe they are planning to make the Route Planner actually usable after EA Cycle 1 is complete.