Euro vs N. America styling - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi e-Tron
Reload this Page >

Euro vs N. America styling

Notices
Audi e-Tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-Tron SUV.

Euro vs N. America styling

Old 12-07-2018, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Euro vs N. America styling

I've got a deposit down on the new e-tron but find myself coveting the looks of the European model much more that what's shown on the configurator for the US. Everything from the black all-road style paint on the lower part of the car to the euro aerodynamic rims. Any clues if any of this will cross the pond?
Old 12-07-2018, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

They'll probably add more options to later MYs. Audi has a history of shortchanging the North American markets with options. Certain things are not available here due to regulations, but others they seem to deliberately hold back initially, so they can add it to later MYs in order to spur sales. It's a bit annoying really. It happens pretty much with all models. Often cool options are not available during the first MY. This is not happening in the European markets, and other German manufacturers don't seem to do it as much, either and also offer more individual options and not just a few packages that bundle a bunch of things together. I'm noticing this in particular now that I'm buying a Mercedes. The US and EU option lists are very similar. The same packages are offered in both places and most of the individual options as well. There are some that just can't be offered here or wouldn't see large sales numbers, but in general there isn't this huge disconnect in how you can option their cars in Europe vs. North America. As always, there are minor differences due to regulations and US base models in general are optioned higher, but by large you can get most of what's been shown during the unveiling of the EU cars.

Last edited by superswiss; 12-07-2018 at 10:40 AM.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm wishing they add the 21" aerodynamic looking rims also. Kind of lame on the audiusa website there are lots of pictures of the car with the 21" aerodynamic looking rims but you can't order them.