Audi e-Tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-Tron SUV.

Exit Malfunction

 
Old 06-30-2019, 06:55 AM
  #1  
AudiWorld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 25
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Exit Malfunction

Alrighty Etron hive-mind...

Is there any reason I have to *really* worry about this in any quick time frame? I knew it was going to happen when I did it based on my reading here... Half pulled the door **** when parked on the street, realized a car was coming and didn't fully open the door so it did this weird relatching thing that I can't describe but I totally knew in the moment it wasn't "right"... And wouldn't you know it.. I got back in the car after a lovely brunch to see the "exit warning Malfunction" notification flash up. Mrrrrrrrrrrr. 🙄.

I'll take it in... Eventually... But not excited about taking it in this holiday week. I know there are some real Audi folks here, can I sit on this a bit?

Btw...for all y'all waiting for cars.. they are worth the wait and you won't want to give them back to the dealer for stupid computer glitches...😁
Southpondcamp is offline  
Old 06-30-2019, 07:07 AM
  #2  
AudiWorld Member
 
macwm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Philly Burbs
Posts: 221
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

I can't imagine that this is a problem that requires your immediate attention. In the past week we had an airbag senor warning light appear (and remain on). Yesterday we hit the software glitch jackpot with at least 10 senor warnings at one time scrolling through the MMi display. I assured my wife who was driving at the time that this was no big deal and she calmly drove to the dealer. We now have a Antigua Blue Prestige e-tron for as long as it takes to replace the modules that are screwy.
macwm is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Southpondcamp (06-30-2019)
Old 06-30-2019, 07:37 AM
  #3  
AudiWorld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 25
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Literally lol'd at "electronic glitch jackpot" ! Picturing the slots at Mohegan sun...ding ding ding .
Southpondcamp is offline  
Old 07-01-2019, 04:17 AM
  #4  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 101
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Southpondcamp View Post
Alrighty Etron hive-mind...

Is there any reason I have to *really* worry about this in any quick time frame? I knew it was going to happen when I did it based on my reading here... Half pulled the door **** when parked on the street, realized a car was coming and didn't fully open the door so it did this weird relatching thing that I can't describe but I totally knew in the moment it wasn't "right"... And wouldn't you know it.. I got back in the car after a lovely brunch to see the "exit warning Malfunction" notification flash up. Mrrrrrrrrrrr. 🙄.

I'll take it in... Eventually... But not excited about taking it in this holiday week. I know there are some real Audi folks here, can I sit on this a bit?

Btw...for all y'all waiting for cars.. they are worth the wait and you won't want to give them back to the dealer for stupid computer glitches...😁
Here is what I know, having it had it happen to me. First, other than being annoying, nothing to worry about. You can turn the exit warning malfunction off by disabling the exit warning system. To do that, change your settings in MMI. Can't remember exactly where it is off the top of my head, but change the presense warnings to minimal/basic (something like that). That will turn off exit warning along with other features, like your side warning light in the mirror.

Anyway, the dealer reset mine and told me a software update to fix this is coming. They also said that if it happened again, if you slowly pull the inside driver door handle twice, holding it pulled out a few seconds each time, this would reset the exit warning malfunction. I have not proven this reset, but you can try it and report back.
njjoe is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Southpondcamp (07-01-2019)
Old 07-01-2019, 05:14 AM
  #5  
AudiWorld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 25
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

I will totally fine this a try and report back!! Thanks...
Southpondcamp is offline  
Old 07-01-2019, 06:47 AM
  #6  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 101
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Southpondcamp View Post
I will totally fine this a try and report back!! Thanks...
Here is how you change the setting to Basic. This will eliminate the exit warning malfunction because it turns off that feature.
njjoe is offline  
Old 07-01-2019, 07:52 AM
  #7  
AudiWorld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 25
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

I will totally give this a try and report back!! Thanks...
Southpondcamp is offline  
Old 07-01-2019, 01:17 PM
  #8  
AudiWorld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 25
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Southpondcamp View Post
I will totally give this a try and report back!! Thanks...

Durrr, that sent twice. Operator error. Heading to the car... Hoping the door handle trick is on point!! 😁
Southpondcamp is offline  
Old 07-01-2019, 06:35 PM
  #9  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 101
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Southpondcamp View Post
Durrr, that sent twice. Operator error. Heading to the car... Hoping the door handle trick is on point!! 😁
And?????
njjoe is offline  
Old 07-02-2019, 03:06 AM
  #10  
AudiWorld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 25
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Sorry for the delayed reply, first try didn't work but I was successful this morning!! 😁

I'm not entirely confident of the sequence but I think that worked was:

Car off
Pull handle gently and let it do the latchey noises for a few seconds, then release
Pull again, it is quieter the second time, hold few seconds
Restart car.

I tried a few times, car on, car off, not entirely sure what did the trick... But the warning is now off.

Thanks for the tip!!!
Southpondcamp is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Exit Malfunction


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: