Audi e-Tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-Tron SUV.

Exit Malfunction

Old 07-02-2019, 04:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Southpondcamp View Post
Sorry for the delayed reply, first try didn't work but I was successful this morning!! 😁

I'm not entirely confident of the sequence but I think that worked was:

Car off
Pull handle gently and let it do the latchey noises for a few seconds, then release
Pull again, it is quieter the second time, hold few seconds
Restart car.

I tried a few times, car on, car off, not entirely sure what did the trick... But the warning is now off.

Thanks for the tip!!!
Great to hear. At least we know somewhere in that cycle, it will clear it.
Old 07-02-2019, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Yes that is a great tip to know! Iíll try to remember that one when we get our E1 back, hopefully before the 2020 cars come out! LoL. We have Q8 S-Line with lane assist and laser cruise only.....itís just not the same. I even asked to be put back into my Q7 prestige that I sold them, still on the lot, too.
I have a buddy that reviews cars professionally and he had a Q8 dragon orange fully loaded last week. He gave it rave reviews, which I would agree with, and yet his was the version that included every option including for wheel STEERING! Check it out at Testdrivenow.com
Old 07-02-2019, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

@ superspeedway..

Sorry you don't have your car back.. that stinks!!!
Old 07-10-2019, 03:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Yes, today is my wifeís birthday and I was hoping that the recall panic would have played out by now so I could regift her Etron, lol. However we have heard nothing from our dealer. We can only assume that this August date is going to be August....September?
on a side note, while I do enjoy the Q8 they provided us, itís simply not the trim level thatís equivalent to the Etron we bought, but the car drives great. I will say it has Q8 roof rack bars on it and they are so cheap that the rubber gasket bumper on it fell out once and is simply Iíll fitting. They make an annoying level of wind noice and even worse, a howl with out the gasket.
On a brighter note, itís summer, and I have a beautiful Bennington pontoon boat to obsess over while our Etron is away....helps take my mind off of things!
The following 3 users liked this post by suprspdway:
brunswick496 (07-10-2019), SchwarzS6 (07-10-2019), Southpondcamp (07-10-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by njjoe View Post
Here is what I know, having it had it happen to me. First, other than being annoying, nothing to worry about. You can turn the exit warning malfunction off by disabling the exit warning system. To do that, change your settings in MMI. Can't remember exactly where it is off the top of my head, but change the presense warnings to minimal/basic (something like that). That will turn off exit warning along with other features, like your side warning light in the mirror.

Anyway, the dealer reset mine and told me a software update to fix this is coming. They also said that if it happened again, if you slowly pull the inside driver door handle twice, holding it pulled out a few seconds each time, this would reset the exit warning malfunction. I have not proven this reset, but you can try it and report back.
I tried this sequence at least a dozen times. Then gave up. After 15 minutes or so the warning went away. So apparently it takes some time to reset.

Thanks for your post and saving me a trip to the dealer.