Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Exit warning light?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Exit warning light?

Ok,
i saw a post on this earlier, but can’t recall where?

This warning came on today, what is it and do we need to go back to the dealer to rectify?

Old 05-14-2019, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Edition One is in service for this issue. I believe at least three of us are having this same error warning. Anyone successfully had this fixed yet?
Old 05-14-2019, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Mine was looked at on Friday. I can post the service description later. Ultimately, they disconnected the door computer module, checked the pins, ran through a test procedure, and rebooted the system. It hasn't come back yet but I don't think it's the last I've seen of it because there was no obvious resolution.

Alex
Old 05-14-2019, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

We're scheduled for the service at our dealer for this Friday, annoying for a brand new car, but watt-ever. lol.
Early adopter kinks. i'm sure they will all work out. However, it's a shame that it made it to market without being perfect.

Keep us informed. By the way, I pushed that silver car and circle button and changed the settings to "Standard" and the light went away at least while I maintained that setting. Its not a fix, but it took the light way from pissing me off.
Old 05-15-2019, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Picked up my car from service today. Same procedure as previous posts-- reset the error, checked wiring, test drove to see if error returned. So far I am error free, but I wouldn't be surprised to see this one come back up.
Old 05-27-2019, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

FYI, as expected, this error/warning came back for me so I'll take it in to be reset again and they can discuss with the Audi technical center to figure out a more permanent fix. It went a little over 2 weeks before triggering the warning again.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by suprspdway
We're scheduled for the service at our dealer for this Friday, annoying for a brand new car, but watt-ever. lol.
Early adopter kinks. i'm sure they will all work out. However, it's a shame that it made it to market without being perfect.

Keep us informed. By the way, I pushed that silver car and circle button and changed the settings to "Standard" and the light went away at least while I maintained that setting. Its not a fix, but it took the light way from pissing me off.
What silver car and circle button??
Old 06-11-2019, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

I wanted to follow up on this. When I took my car in they officially diagnosed this as user error. It's written up as "user was opening doors too aggressively". [seriously Audi?] I take issue with this being a user error if it doesn't indicate proper use in the manual.

There are two stages of door latch. The first is an electronic release at partial pull, the second is a full pull that seems to operate a mechanical release (I'm sure this is more of an emergency release). The problem is, sometimes the car doesn't open the door for various reasons so you end up pulling the whole way which can trip the permanent warning. I've been only pulling to the electronic release recently and have not had the issue occur again.

The downside is I need to teach all my passengers how to use a poorly designed Audi door handle or it may cause a trip to the service center. I think this should be a temporary warning and not a permanent one that needs to be cleared at the service center.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 83 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by njjoe
What silver car and circle button??
I assume he was talking about this button:

Old 06-11-2019, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by alexlear
I wanted to follow up on this. When I took my car in they officially diagnosed this as user error. It's written up as "user was opening doors too aggressively". [seriously Audi?] I take issue with this being a user error if it doesn't indicate proper use in the manual.

There are two stages of door latch. The first is an electronic release at partial pull, the second is a full pull that seems to operate a mechanical release (I'm sure this is more of an emergency release). The problem is, sometimes the car doesn't open the door for various reasons so you end up pulling the whole way which can trip the permanent warning. I've been only pulling to the electronic release recently and have not had the issue occur again.

The downside is I need to teach all my passengers how to use a poorly designed Audi door handle or it may cause a trip to the service center. I think this should be a temporary warning and not a permanent one that needs to be cleared at the service center.

Yes! That's plain ridiculous. Not only was I never trained at the time of sale that there is a two step release, but the thought of having to train my passengers, or my kids, is simply mind boggling. The fact that it would require a trip to the dealer to be reset is unimaginable based on how frequently it might happen.

Quick Reply: Exit warning light?