Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Finally a U.S. E-Tron at dealers (photo)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Finally a U.S. E-Tron at dealers (photo)

Old 04-06-2019, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can I assume this is a dealer demo and not to be sold?
Old 04-06-2019, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

The US is a big place - were is this dealer?
Old 04-06-2019, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffbtx
The US is a big place - were is this dealer?
Dealer demo only, landed in CA, displayed there, then shipped east thru Phoenix and onward.
Old 04-07-2019, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine has been at port in Houston for 7 days now. Never had an ordered car take this long at port. Getting antsy
Old 04-07-2019, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sallgeud
Mine has been at port in Houston for 7 days now. Never had an ordered car take this long at port. Getting antsy
Is it possible that Audi is holding all reserved etrons at the port of entry until a May introduction? I understand that dealer demos are arriving this month though.
Old 04-07-2019, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GiftCard
Is it possible that Audi is holding all reserved etrons at the port of entry until a May introduction? I understand that dealer demos are arriving this month though.
I sure as hell hope not. If so, why even let us know they're on US soil. For those of us who've ordered a bunch of cars over the years, hearing your car is in port means it'll be in your garage w/in 10 days (unless you're having tint, ceramic, etc done)
Old 04-07-2019, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

I sure as hell hope not. If so, why even let us know they're on US soil. For those of us who've ordered a bunch of cars over the years, hearing your car is in port means it'll be in your garage w/in 10 days (unless you're having tint, ceramic, etc done)
This is what's being released to the press:

"The When is simple: Audi's hotly anticipated midsize battery-electric crossover will start deliveries to reservation holders beginning in May, with dealer demonstrations commencing simultaneously."
Old 04-10-2019, 07:52 PM
Permanent S Mode Member

Received 573 Likes on 376 Posts

That's likely true for models already on the market but if a car is at port and the model is not for sale yet, it will remain there and it could be a while. My 2019 S5 arrived at port early November 2018 and remained there until December 23rd because the model hadn't been released yet.
Old 04-11-2019, 01:42 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I spoke with my salesman yesterday in Clearwater FL. I ordered an Edition One, which is also sitting at the port. Distribution hasn’t given him a deliver date. Based on what I know, we aren’t going to see the cars until May based on two things. The first, training is just now happening. The technicians are in Miami training this week for 5 days. He goes to training next week for two days. Second, the dealer doesn’t have chargers installed yet. I think this is the big one. I believe Audi is holding delivery while trying to get up some bare minimum of infrastructure in place. Otherwise, it’s be like delivering petro cars to a country without gas stations. Of course this is all speculation but it’s a reasonable guess. “The waiting is the hardest part” – TP.

Quick Reply: Finally a U.S. E-Tron at dealers (photo)