Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

First e-tron Edition One in the Adirondacks?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 03:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by suprspdway
Did you originally order the edition one or was it offered to you? As a reservation that was cancelled?
I got a cancelation. I ordered a prestige. I was juggling 20 Audi dealers within 150 miles of NYC. Albany gave me the best deal on my trade so it was worth the 2 hour drive.
Old 05-11-2019, 03:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brunswick496
I ordered a Siam Beige Prestige model. Ordered 2-14, locked 4-28, 5-8 in production, I called AoA and they state car will be at dealer 14-18 weeks.
So our original reservation was for a fully loaded and optioned prestige, having missed the Edition one at the time. We had chosen orca black (mica) with black interior, but the day we got the email that out car went into production I called AoA and asked if there were any ways to get and E1, which was I think just around the range announcement.

the guy on the AoA team said that they could put us on a waiting list but would not or could not explain how long that list might be. I hung up thinking “I tried”. The next day, they called and said they had a cancellation! Some guy had purchased one for his daughter, but she refused to drive an electric car!?!?!? So they changed our reservation to match the Etron and likely reassigned our vehicle to someone else.

that special someone is getting the original car with everything we could add to it. It’s silly that the E1 didn’t have towing, and I would have liked the turbine wheels, but at the end of the day....1 of 999.
Old 05-11-2019, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 93 Likes on 57 Posts

Which walmart? Yeah there almost no level 3 anywhere. I even offered ANY company to install a level 3 at my store on land I would lease them for $1,.....crickets. Not one response.
Crossgate 150 kW Electrify America https://www.plugshare.com/location/169420
Old 05-11-2019, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brunswick496
I ordered a Siam Beige Prestige model. Ordered 2-14, locked 4-28, 5-8 in production, I called AoA and they state car will be at dealer 14-18 weeks.
Mist my wife’s car and while I prefer the Daytona and would have chosen it for myself, the car we spec’d Was orca black mica, but I’d be interested in seeing the Siam, that was MY second choice. I know she wanted the black but she seems plenty ok with the Edition one.
Old 05-11-2019, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Camp

I was offered an E1 but I didn’t like the dark color choices. I like light colored cars to hide dust and dirt but interior and exterior. I did order fully loaded, but stuck with the 20” wheels. I know the 19” would be better for overall mileage but I just like the look of the 20’s. I choose Siam Beige because I do t think you will see many of that color in the road most will be some shade of gray.
Old 05-11-2019, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

One other note I don’t like the black trim so I’m going to see how much Audi Albany will charge to paint either silver or gray. I’m going to wait and see the true color Siam Beige the online color looks different on each web site and the color sample the dealer has is a lot darker, the one salesman that saw the car in Spain said it’s much lighter than the sample more light with gold and silver specks.
Old 05-11-2019, 06:42 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

You have level 3 charging in Albany and from Albany north the last known level 3 is at exit 18 of i87 rest area.
Thanks, hopefully they'll get something installed in Lake Placid or Saranac Lake soon.
Old 05-11-2019, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just chiming in to say hi and I hope to see level 3 chargers go in to the adks soon! Long Lake and Lake Placid would work well for me. . I'm not sure I can put a range plug in at our camp (in Long Lake) so I'm real nervous about heading up there with limited infrastructure.
Old 05-11-2019, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Camp

You could try an adapter like this at camp if you have a 30 amp service...
Amazon Amazon
Old 05-11-2019, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thx. I'm having my cousins look into things... So we'll see what happens. They have a couple businesses in town so I'd reallllllly like them to install a level 3 charger if they can partner with someone but it sounds like that is difficult. It's interesting looking at Tupper lake... Bunch of level 2 chargers free for use...Long Lake needs to think about a business/tourist strategy!! (And MY convenience, lol). If you are in the area check out Hoss's or the Long View Lodge and restaurant.... And talk up charging power!

Quick Reply: First e-tron Edition One in the Adirondacks?