Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

First e-tron Edition One in the Adirondacks?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Northway exit 18 chargers

Originally Posted by Southpondcamp
Just chiming in to say hi and I hope to see level 3 chargers go in to the adks soon! Long Lake and Lake Placid would work well for me. . I'm not sure I can put a range plug in at our camp (in Long Lake) so I'm real nervous about heading up there with limited infrastructure.
I’m an educator, and advisor for last nights prom featuring Newcomb, Long Lake, Indian Lake, and Minerva.
level 3 chargers are a stretch I’m afraid, but I too hold out hope. The most visible one is at exit 18 at the Northway rest area northbound. Rumors are that gore will be adding some charging stations. As I mentioned there are a few in production in Schroon and there are some at the new frontier town.

update: looks like the charger at Northway exit 18 is only a 50 kWh dc, not a level 3? Still fast, but not 30 minutes fast.

Last edited by suprspdway; 05-12-2019 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Update: exit 18 Chargers
Old 05-12-2019, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by brunswick496
I ordered a Siam Beige Prestige model. Ordered 2-14, locked 4-28, 5-8 in production, I called AoA and they state car will be at dealer 14-18 weeks.
Having only seen the Siam in euro reviews, I would have likely picked it myself, it looks like that popular primer/baked pottery look that is popular. Although I dislike gold cars with a passion, so if it’s more gold that primer I’d probably go with another color personally.

i think that while the Edition one is cool, I think that they will be less rare to see than I was hoping for, especially now with the production woes. Just from this forum it appears a good number of Etron a are in the region.

i would have really expected a limited edition to really get its own totally unique paint, and a few more unique (and noteworthy options....but alas....
Old 05-12-2019, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by suprspdway
I’m an educator, and advisor for last nights prom featuring Newcomb, Long Lake, Indian Lake, and Minerva.
level 3 chargers are a stretch I’m afraid, but I too hold out hope. The most visible one is at exit 18 at the Northway rest area northbound. Rumors are that gore will be adding some charging stations. As I mentioned there are a few in production in Schroon and there are some at the new frontier town.
Small world!! I'm hoping my Long Lake family will add some capacity but they have a lot of projects right now so I think this is lower on their radar. The business argument will win in the end... It's just the timeframe that I want to move on!
Old 05-17-2019, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

[QUOTE=suprspdway;25315502]I’m an educator, and advisor for last nights prom featuring Newcomb, Long Lake, Indian Lake, and Minerva.

update: looks like the charger at Northway exit 18 is only a 50 kWh dc, not a level 3? Still fast, but not 30 minutes fast.[/QUOTE

Ohh ..I need that exit 18 charger to be the real deal. 🙄. For what it's worth...I don't know the full details but some kind of level two stuff will be installed at Hoss's and Long View Lodge... Probably end of June-ish...
Old 05-17-2019, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by brunswick496
You could try an adapter like this at camp if you have a 30 amp service...https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Dogbone.../dp/B000BUQOGI

Thanks for this idea..no 50 amp service at our camp (at least reportedly) but this might work...
Old 05-17-2019, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Southpondcamp
Thanks for this idea..no 50 amp service at our camp (at least reportedly) but this might work...
Southpondcamp, my wife went to the exit 18 charger again the other day. it is a level 3, but is only providing 50 kw, at least with our car. from 30 miles of range left it took her 1 hour 20 min to get a full100% charge. That was with a 30 mile range or nearly empty charge. The rest area has great NY products for sale including Martha's Ice cream sandwiches. its not the fastest charge, but will be the fastest you will find for a long while in any direction. there are also two level two chargers in Newcomb at the cloudsplitter store & guide shop which is on route 28N next to the hudson river about a minute past the post office.
additionally, I will have a Nema 14-50 outlet outside my liquor store (chroon lake wine & liquor) in Schroon lake as of tomorrow.
Old 06-02-2019, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

The charger at the Adirondack welcome center welcome center worked great and seemed to charge faster than expected! Lovely space and the guy who works there remembered the other etron from Schroon Lake... 🙂
Old 06-02-2019, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah we have stopped there a couple times. The best we ever got from that was 49kw, not bad but still took over an hour to fill up. I wish it were 100 or 150kw since it is capable.

our car is in the service Dept. The repairs have been 10days and will expect 2 more weeks....