Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

First etrons for reservation holders to the US

Old 02-01-2019, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by GiftCard
While it is entirely speculation, I will guess that the early reservation holders will go into production in April/May and they will arrive at US dealerships in June/July earliest. From previous experience with ordered vehicles built in Europe, the wait between when the vehicle enters production and when it arrives at the dealership (West Coast) is about 8 weeks.
For us, the wait between production and delivery is about 10 days. I actually live and work at around 2 miles from the Belgian factory. Very frustrating ;-)
Old 02-01-2019, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fideba
For us, the wait between production and delivery is about 10 days. I actually live and work at around 2 miles from the Belgian factory. Very frustrating ;-)
That would be an excellent "problem" to have The only thing going for me is that I live about 45 miles from the Port/PDI facility. Having said that, depending upon the number of car carrier vessels arriving around the same time, the wait between the vessel docking and a vehicle carrier dropping a vehicle off at the dealership can be 10+ days
Old 02-01-2019, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

If you call the Audi e-tron USA number and ask when they expect to deliver an e-tron that you would order today the answer is 3-5 months.
Old 02-01-2019, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tom-ETRON
Could be correct, but my spies in Belgium tell me production is going pretty well currently, so I guess it depends how Audi sequences the production. If they build the Launch Editions for the USA soon which I expect in March, We will see them is the USA in May. For regular USA reservations I think the July / August timeframe to arrive is very realistic.
Just got what I believe to be very reliable information that the early reservation holders will see their vehicles in early May. If this turns out to be accurate and there are no unforeseen delays, that sounds good to me.
Old 02-01-2019, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by GiftCard
Just got what I believe to be very reliable information that the early reservation holders will see their vehicles in early May. If this turns out to be accurate and there are no unforeseen delays, that sounds good to me.
Thats about what I expect. Let's wait and see, I guess late May deliveries of Launch Edition, and July/August for the regular steerage like me.
Old 02-01-2019, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

plan on April deliveries for first edition. unless audi, who has a reputation for bad product manufacturing and transportation logistics, gets backed up.
Old 02-03-2019, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Why haven't we hear directly from Audi?

I reserved an e-tron SUV in December and no one is more eager than I am to take delivery of it. Yet, I still do not have any idea when this might be. Speculation from posters on this forum as well as others, while both interesting and appreciated, is far from definitive. Surely, Audi has production schedules that extend out for many months. The Belgium plant manager does not wake up in the morning and decide then and there how many vehicles will be produced that day. The e-tron SUV is a magnificent vehicle and more than worth the wait, but come on Audi, how about letting all of us know when ours may be in our garages. Thank you.
Old 02-03-2019, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

I am trying to figure out what to do with my reservation. Unless I want to change my identity ;-) I am waiting for the Black Optic package (and more interior trim options). Which may be in a couple of years (for the States).

So... What to do before then? Cancel reservation? And start at the back of the queue for the product refresh? (I suspect it wouldn't be that much of a problem to get in line, but who knows.)

According to the guy on the e-tron help line, he said order it the way is comes today... Then tell the dealer "no" when it arrives. With the plan that someone else at the time will step in and like my configuration.
Old 02-03-2019, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 1st Audi Owner
I reserved an e-tron SUV in December and no one is more eager than I am to take delivery of it. Yet, I still do not have any idea when this might be. Speculation from posters on this forum as well as others, while both interesting and appreciated, is far from definitive. Surely, Audi has production schedules that extend out for many months. The Belgium plant manager does not wake up in the morning and decide then and there how many vehicles will be produced that day. The e-tron SUV is a magnificent vehicle and more than worth the wait, but come on Audi, how about letting all of us know when ours may be in our garages. Thank you.
+1
Old 02-03-2019, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

IMO, order it as best suits your taste. When it comes in, either walk away or try to negotiate a short term lease or discounted price. If they can't provide reasonable terms, walk away.

For me, the EV market is in a state of flux right now. As much as I love the e-tron (even with walnut accents and shiny silver trim), I'm thinking of saying no and buying one more fossil car. If I could wait 2-3 years to go electric, that would be just about perfect. A lot of innovation/infrastructure coming and skipping anyone's Gen 1 effort is probably a good idea.

And paying retail is always a bad idea, even with the tax breaks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First etrons for reservation holders to the US