AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi e-Tron (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-e-tron-232/)
-   -   First etrons for reservation holders to the US (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-e-tron-232/first-etrons-reservation-holders-us-2966465/)

GiftCard 01-31-2019 10:57 AM

First etrons for reservation holders to the US
 
It has been reported that Europe expected the first etron deliveries in Dec/Jan and this has been delayed by 3 or 4 months. I do not know if this is just a rumor or has been confirmed. Assuming that it is true, is it realistic to expect that the first deliveries to reservation holders in the US is delayed by 3 or 4 months as well? If so, would an expectation for the first deliveries to be no sooner than July/Aug be a good guess?

Tom-ETRON 01-31-2019 03:47 PM


Originally Posted by GiftCard (Post 25269676)
It has been reported that Europe expected the first etron deliveries in Dec/Jan and this has been delayed by 3 or 4 months. I do not know if this is just a rumor or has been confirmed. Assuming that it is true, is it realistic to expect that the first deliveries to reservation holders in the US is delayed by 3 or 4 months as well? If so, would an expectation for the first deliveries to be no sooner than July/Aug be a good guess?

2nd Qtr arrival, some orders for USA customers are nearing production dates now. There is a small batch that have already been built and shipping to the USA, but I think those are for Audi's captured fleet, EPA testing, etc. They were spotted at the shipping port a week or two ago.

robertsalem 01-31-2019 07:35 PM

mine was scheduled to be built this week but nothing. 1st edition.

Tom-ETRON 01-31-2019 07:39 PM


Originally Posted by robertsalem (Post 25269919)
mine was scheduled to be built this week but nothing. 1st edition.


What is your online status? Are you "4. Gearing up for production"?

GiftCard 01-31-2019 08:04 PM

My status went to 3 - "Configuration Locked" on December 30th. My reservation for an Edition One was submitted at a few minutes past 8am on September 17th. I have not progressed to 4: "Gearing up for Production". Question: Has anyone who has an etron reserved in the US gone past the "Configuration Locked" stage?

LRSIII 02-01-2019 03:58 AM


Originally Posted by robertsalem (Post 25269919)
mine was scheduled to be built this week but nothing. 1st edition.

My dealer had told me that mine (not an Edition One) was scheduled to be built January 27. However, on the myaudi page, my reservation is still sitting at the "configuration locked" stage. I placed my order on September 16, 2018.

Tom-ETRON 02-01-2019 06:42 AM


Originally Posted by GiftCard (Post 25269926)
My status went to 3 - "Configuration Locked" on December 30th. My reservation for an Edition One was submitted at a few minutes past 8am on September 17th. I have not progressed to 4: "Gearing up for Production". Question: Has anyone who has an etron reserved in the US gone past the "Configuration Locked" stage?

My guess is you will see #4 soon, but its all speculation at this point. Audi, Like most other OEM's is not very transparent about their day to day operations, its more of a month to month update cycle.

GiftCard 02-01-2019 07:08 AM

While it is entirely speculation, I will guess that the early reservation holders will go into production in April/May and they will arrive at US dealerships in June/July earliest. From previous experience with ordered vehicles built in Europe, the wait between when the vehicle enters production and when it arrives at the dealership (West Coast) is about 8 weeks.

Tom-ETRON 02-01-2019 07:23 AM


Originally Posted by GiftCard (Post 25270048)
While it is entirely speculation, I will guess that the early reservation holders will go into production in April/May and they will arrive at US dealerships in June/July earliest. From previous experience with ordered vehicles built in Europe, the wait between when the vehicle enters production and when it arrives at the dealership (West Coast) is about 8 weeks.

Could be correct, but my spies in Belgium tell me production is going pretty well currently, so I guess it depends how Audi sequences the production. If they build the Launch Editions for the USA soon which I expect in March, We will see them is the USA in May. For regular USA reservations I think the July / August timeframe to arrive is very realistic.

GiftCard 02-01-2019 07:29 AM


Originally Posted by Tom-ETRON (Post 25270061)
Could be correct, but my spies in Belgium tell me production is going pretty well currently, so I guess it depends how Audi sequences the production. If they build the Launch Editions for the USA soon which I expect in March, We will see them is the USA in May. For regular USA reservations I think the July / August timeframe to arrive is very realistic.

The month of May would be great for my Edition One :) A rumor was floating around my Audi dealership this past week that they had started production of US bound etrons for reservation holders. I believe that is just wishful thinking.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:52 AM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands