Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Flaky MMI settings

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 08:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Flaky MMI settings

I have had to reprogram my garage door opener three times. I have also had some short cuts disappear. Not a profile issue. Anyone else experience this?
Old 06-05-2019, 01:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

No disappearing shortcuts for me, but every week or so, my virtual cockpit changes from the "E-Tron" one I've selected, to the default...
Alos, I've had two reboots (in the early days, not so in the last few weeks)
Old 06-05-2019, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

nothing buggy, but I noticed the shortcuts take a while to boot up. Im usually waiting in the garage until they appear.
Old 06-05-2019, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 83 Likes on 63 Posts

Nothing like that. I programmed the garage opener one month ago with the * button on the steering wheel. Never had a problem with it yet.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

I have no issues or delay with the steering wheel * button. The delay in booting up are the shortcuts on the lower screen.
Old 06-05-2019, 02:56 PM
SWFla-eTron

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Arranged for one of the MMI experts from Naples Audi come to my home to program community gates and garage doors. I’ll have her return to help with setting up Amazon Music and related stuff. I think she said something about connecting the GPS to the garage doors, but need to quiz her about this
Old 06-05-2019, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by oh0150
Arranged for one of the MMI experts from Naples Audi come to my home to program community gates and garage doors. I’ll have her return to help with setting up Amazon Music and related stuff. I think she said something about connecting the GPS to the garage doors, but need to quiz her about this
I would like to know what you learn about the GPS/garage doors. I programmed my garage doors just fine and also set the GPS location. However, I expected the MMI to offer up the garage door buttons when I approach but it does not. That makes for an awkward extra press to select the opener buttons. On the other hand, when the start is turned on the MMI does offer up the garage door buttons.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by avie
I would like to know what you learn about the GPS/garage doors. I programmed my garage doors just fine and also set the GPS location. However, I expected the MMI to offer up the garage door buttons when I approach but it does not. That makes for an awkward extra press to select the opener buttons. On the other hand, when the start is turned on the MMI does offer up the garage door buttons.
Avie,

Check the number of garage doors you have programmed. Mine works as it should (i.e. drive up to your house and the option to open the garage appears on the MMI) with only one garage door programmed in the system. When I had 2 doors programmed, the option on the MMI never appeared even with GPS enabled.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rad123
Check the number of garage doors you have programmed. Mine works as it should (i.e. drive up to your house and the option to open the garage appears on the MMI) with only one garage door programmed in the system. When I had 2 doors programmed, the option on the MMI never appeared even with GPS enabled.
I have 2 programmed - and need 2!