Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

How to set delayed/scheduled charging?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 09:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default How to set delayed/scheduled charging?

I know there was a previous thread on this, but not much info. So it appears that we cannot set the vehicle to start and stop charging at a specific time. For example, my utility rates drop at 10PM and go back up at 8AM. Sure would be nice to program the car to charge during this period. It seems to only gear toward "departure" time and I can't really even figure out what that is doing. I have read the quick start user guide and it talks about scheduled charging, but it doesn't make sense. Can anyone provide some insight?
Old 06-26-2019, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by njjoe
I know there was a previous thread on this, but not much info. So it appears that we cannot set the vehicle to start and stop charging at a specific time. For example, my utility rates drop at 10PM and go back up at 8AM. Sure would be nice to program the car to charge during this period. It seems to only gear toward "departure" time and I can't really even figure out what that is doing. I have read the quick start user guide and it talks about scheduled charging, but it doesn't make sense. Can anyone provide some insight?
Spent an hour on the phone with e-tron support today. I think I have it figured out.
Old 06-27-2019, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Spent an hour on the phone with e-tron support today. I think I have it figured out.
Can it be done? General consensus on the forums is that it can't. I found a schedule option in the MMI but when setting it I couldn't get it to work.
Old 06-27-2019, 08:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by hrc1079
Can it be done? General consensus on the forums is that it can't. I found a schedule option in the MMI but when setting it I couldn't get it to work.
Directly, no. State of charge takes priority over preferred charging time. So let's say it's 6PM and your preferred charging time is set to start at 10PM. If you set your departure time at say 6AM, and you only need 4 hours of charge to meet your target setting (eg 80%), it will wait to 10PM to start charging. However, if you are near depleted and it figures you need 10 hours of charging, it will start before 10PM in order to achieve the target setting by your departure time. Hope that makes sense.
Old 06-27-2019, 09:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Directly, no. State of charge takes priority over preferred charging time. So let's say it's 6PM and your preferred charging time is set to start at 10PM. If you set your departure time at say 6AM, and you only need 4 hours of charge to meet your target setting (eg 80%), it will wait to 10PM to start charging. However, if you are near depleted and it figures you need 10 hours of charging, it will start before 10PM in order to achieve the target setting by your departure time. Hope that makes sense.
How stupid! Why not put both options in. I do hope that Audi will consider tweaking and evolving the MMI with features and updates for the eTron. Typically it’s something they don’t change a lot from when you get the car.

Thanks for the explanation