AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-e-tron-q8-e-tron-232/)
-   -   I’m out (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-e-tron-q8-e-tron-232/i%92m-out-2969982/)

robertsalem 04-03-2019 09:38 PM

I’m out

Found out residual for E tron is 49 and money factor is mid .0025. Even with full tax credit 36 month 12k is over 1400. Not doing it. Audi is struggling.

DMcDnald 04-04-2019 02:13 AM

You have to do what's best for you. One of the problems Audi has with such a long roll out is that it gives people more time to consider their options. When you think about the e-Tron purchase over many months, the enthusiasm can wane, but the >$80K price tag remains:(. I can see a high attrition rate for this. I have been seeing A LOT of Model 3s around here lately.

DMcDnald 04-04-2019 05:08 AM

BTW, is that with $10K down? Premium Plus versus Prestige?

Nickel Slots 04-04-2019 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by robertsalem (Post 25298618)
Found out residual for E tron is 49 and money factor is mid .0025. Even with full tax credit 36 month 12k is over 1400. Not doing it. Audi is struggling.

That's 49% residual, not $49k residual value, right?

robertsalem 04-06-2019 08:18 PM

49 percent. edition one. that is one of the lowest residuals out there. coupled with a high mf. I'm sure the car is great, but really crazy pricing.

DMcDnald 04-07-2019 01:42 AM

The pricing is actually competitive with the competition. The lowest EPA range is what suddenly makes it hard to swallow. I'm thinking all those e-Trons at port are going to pile up at dealerships. If there is no incentive offered, it will be easy for me to get a Model 3. For my needs, I'm going EV, with or without Audi.

macwm 04-07-2019 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by DMcDnald (Post 25299990)
The pricing is actually competitive with the competition. The lowest EPA range is what suddenly makes it hard to swallow. I'm thinking all those e-Trons at port are going to pile up at dealerships. If there is no incentive offered, it will be easy for me to get a Model 3. For my needs, I'm going EV, with or without Audi.

+1 exactly.
Audi convinced me that electric is the way of the future, and now I’m getting a Model 3 (dual motor ER) in 2 weeks. If anyone is still interested, there will be a Glacier White Prestige e-tron at Audi of Fort Washington in a few weeks. Make them an offer.

ted99 04-07-2019 06:26 AM

Given the current state of Fast charging locations, a PHEV makes more sense in the short-mid term. The residual on a BMW X5 40e is 59%, with further incentives. AFS may find they have to at least match these deals.

michaelf 04-07-2019 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by ted99 (Post 25300066)
Given the current state of Fast charging locations

That's the real rub, and it makes the unexpectedly short range probably non-workable for me. I take long road trips about twice a year; for my most-common trip, the Audi would take 22 hours, vs 17 in my 2018 X100D (and I will not go back to an ICE, even for road trips). For my preferred route up the CA coast (i.e. not the 101), the e-tron won't even be able to make it between the currently-planned fast-charging stations.

I had high hopes for this Audi. Tesla does not know how to make a quiet vehicle; the Model X is fine on smooth roads, but it's far from adequate on poor road surfaces.

GalacticWarthog 04-10-2019 12:30 PM

First post for me. I have a reservation for a loaded Prestige in "gearing up for production" stage. I am a previous 2 time Tesla owner: 2013 Model S and a 2016 Model X (both fully loaded versions at the respective times). My model S cost $120k and the X $150k at the time, in 2013 and 2016 respectively. I had serious issues with both quality, service and battery degradation with both Teslas. Needless to say, the insane amounts of money I paid for both Teslas were not recouped when I sold them. My Model X I sold in January of this year, and eked out just about 55% "residual" after I sold it on the private sale market with under 3 years and well under 36k miles on the clock. Had I waited a couple more months until Elon pulled his BS and dropped the price massively, I would have done waaaaaay worse. So.... for me personally, based on experiences with two cutting edge EVs previously, I would welcome the 49% residual, I think it is reasonable considering the risk. I am definitely not willing to pay up front and take the risk, especially based on the banter about battery issues.