Audi e-Tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-Tron SUV.

I知 out

Old 04-03-2019, 09:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I知 out

Found out residual for E tron is 49 and money factor is mid .0025. Even with full tax credit 36 month 12k is over 1400. Not doing it. Audi is struggling.
Old 04-04-2019, 02:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

You have to do what's best for you. One of the problems Audi has with such a long roll out is that it gives people more time to consider their options. When you think about the e-Tron purchase over many months, the enthusiasm can wane, but the >$80K price tag remains. I can see a high attrition rate for this. I have been seeing A LOT of Model 3s around here lately.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

BTW, is that with $10K down? Premium Plus versus Prestige?
Old 04-04-2019, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by robertsalem View Post
Found out residual for E tron is 49 and money factor is mid .0025. Even with full tax credit 36 month 12k is over 1400. Not doing it. Audi is struggling.
That's 49% residual, not $49k residual value, right?
Old 04-06-2019, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

49 percent. edition one. that is one of the lowest residuals out there. coupled with a high mf. I'm sure the car is great, but really crazy pricing.
Old 04-07-2019, 01:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

The pricing is actually competitive with the competition. The lowest EPA range is what suddenly makes it hard to swallow. I'm thinking all those e-Trons at port are going to pile up at dealerships. If there is no incentive offered, it will be easy for me to get a Model 3. For my needs, I'm going EV, with or without Audi.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DMcDnald View Post
The pricing is actually competitive with the competition. The lowest EPA range is what suddenly makes it hard to swallow. I'm thinking all those e-Trons at port are going to pile up at dealerships. If there is no incentive offered, it will be easy for me to get a Model 3. For my needs, I'm going EV, with or without Audi.
+1 exactly.
Audi convinced me that electric is the way of the future, and now I’m getting a Model 3 (dual motor ER) in 2 weeks. If anyone is still interested, there will be a Glacier White Prestige e-tron at Audi of Fort Washington in a few weeks. Make them an offer.

Last edited by macwm; 04-07-2019 at 04:14 AM.
Old 04-07-2019, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Given the current state of Fast charging locations, a PHEV makes more sense in the short-mid term. The residual on a BMW X5 40e is 59%, with further incentives. AFS may find they have to at least match these deals.
Old 04-07-2019, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ted99 View Post
Given the current state of Fast charging locations
That's the real rub, and it makes the unexpectedly short range probably non-workable for me. I take long road trips about twice a year; for my most-common trip, the Audi would take 22 hours, vs 17 in my 2018 X100D (and I will not go back to an ICE, even for road trips). For my preferred route up the CA coast (i.e. not the 101), the e-tron won't even be able to make it between the currently-planned fast-charging stations.

I had high hopes for this Audi. Tesla does not know how to make a quiet vehicle; the Model X is fine on smooth roads, but it's far from adequate on poor road surfaces.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

First post for me. I have a reservation for a loaded Prestige in "gearing up for production" stage. I am a previous 2 time Tesla owner: 2013 Model S and a 2016 Model X (both fully loaded versions at the respective times). My model S cost $120k and the X $150k at the time, in 2013 and 2016 respectively. I had serious issues with both quality, service and battery degradation with both Teslas. Needless to say, the insane amounts of money I paid for both Teslas were not recouped when I sold them. My Model X I sold in January of this year, and eked out just about 55% "residual" after I sold it on the private sale market with under 3 years and well under 36k miles on the clock. Had I waited a couple more months until Elon pulled his BS and dropped the price massively, I would have done waaaaaay worse. So.... for me personally, based on experiences with two cutting edge EVs previously, I would welcome the 49% residual, I think it is reasonable considering the risk. I am definitely not willing to pay up front and take the risk, especially based on the banter about battery issues.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I知 out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: