Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Juice Box Pro Not Charging

Old 05-06-2019, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had this issue at first. It turned out I didn't insert the juicebox plug far enough. Make sure you hear it click.
Old 05-06-2019, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by schalliol
Ours didn’t clock, so that could be it. I think we did what we could but will try again. Thanks!
Doesn't the JuiceBox have a visual indicator (light) that tells you the plug is connected?
Old 05-07-2019, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Messing around more, we did get it finally to click and charge. It wasn’t as simple as I thought for a standard connector. I found it interesting the app would say plugged in but apparently still not be plugged in enough to charge. Thanks for the encouragement to keep trying!
Old 06-18-2019, 03:55 PM
FFT
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having the same issue with my etron. Juicebox will not charge after a week although plugged in and everything else functioning. Just got them to send a replacement but very frustrating.
Old 06-19-2019, 03:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a different issue...mine charges fine (definitely have to firmly click it in place) but I couldn't get it to connect to my home internet. I finally gave up in frustration and semi-delegated to my husband who hasn't had time to mess with it. The available instructions are not helpful...🙄
Old 06-19-2019, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 125 Likes on 80 Posts

I'm having trouble getting mine to unplug. The exact sequence to unplug is still a mystery. It takes me a a good 2 minutes of fiddling and locking unlocking to get the JB plug to release. Baffling....
Old 06-19-2019, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by theo1000
I'm having trouble getting mine to unplug. The exact sequence to unplug is still a mystery. It takes me a a good 2 minutes of fiddling and locking unlocking to get the JB plug to release. Baffling....
Hmm. That hasn't been an issue for me. I press the etron door button and give it a few seconds for various clicks/whirs-- usually I'm putting my purse/work bag/coffee in the car at the same time in the morning so I'm not really paying attention--then I unclip it and off I go. Sorry you are having trouble!
Old 06-19-2019, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

FWIW I recently had this JB installed in my garage in anticipation of getting my e-tron sometime in the near future. Currently we’re using this EVSE to charge my wife’s Prius Prime. We have not experienced a single problem with it. The vehicle gets charged quickly, the box is always connected to my home WiFi network and always notifies me, when charging starts and stops. I hope I’ll not be running into compatibility issues with this EVSE and the e-tron - if that’s even possible.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

No problems with the JuiceBox 40 on a 50A circuit here. I had a little trouble at first with getting the connector to "click" properly as well, however now that I am used to how it works - no problems.
Old 06-19-2019, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I haven't had any issues with my JuiceBox either; what I found helps is pressing the e-tron door button, and then waiting to hear when it is released. It is kind of quiet but you can hear it, then you can remove the connector.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Juice Box Pro Not Charging