AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-e-tron-q8-e-tron-232/)
-   -   March 8 Configuration Lock Tracking (Non Edition One) (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-e-tron-q8-e-tron-232/march-8-configuration-lock-tracking-non-edition-one-2969945/)

njjoe 04-03-2019 06:25 AM

March 8 Configuration Lock Tracking (Non Edition One)

A number of us had our configurations locked on March 8. I thought it might be interesting to see how those deliveries are coming along. For example, I have a Prestige that locked on March 8 and went into gearing up for production several days later and still is in that status. Audi customer support (not the website) gave me a production date of April 5. I have read at least one person with a March 8 lock date is already shipped. The website seems to lag updated info. Tell us what you know!

e-tronDriver 04-03-2019 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by njjoe (Post 25298262)
A number of us had our configurations locked on March 8. I thought it might be interesting to see how those deliveries are coming along. For example, I have a Prestige that locked on March 8 and went into gearing up for production several days later and still is in that status. Audi customer support (not the website) gave me a production date of April 5. I have read at least one person with a March 8 lock date is already shipped. The website seems to lag updated info. Tell us what you know!

My dates and status are currently the same as yours.

macwm 04-03-2019 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by njjoe (Post 25298262)

From both the My Audi app and confirmed by the dealer, my Prestige e-tron which locked on 3/8 is on the boat. Still waiting to find out the expected arrival date in Rhode Island.

pkulak 04-03-2019 11:05 PM

I locked on the 8th, premium plus, and I've been gearing for production for a week or so.

e-tronDriver 04-05-2019 08:23 AM

Has anyone with a 4/5 production date had their status change today on the Audi web site? I'm still at "gearing up..."

hrc1079 04-05-2019 08:43 AM

My configuration locked on March 8th and went into production late March. As of today it's still in production. Speaking to my Audi dealer they wouldn't confirm anything solid but said I should expect to see the car late May to late June. I was expecting August from what I was initially told so seems they're ahead of schedule. I'm just now torn whether I actually want it now given the low EPA range :(

jeffbtx 04-05-2019 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by e-tronDriver (Post 25299307)
Has anyone with a 4/5 production date had their status change today on the Audi web site? I'm still at "gearing up..."

My change happened so quickly that I didn't even notice it went from "Lock" on 3/28 to "gearing up" on 4/2 to "in production" on 4/3 - no email notifications either.

njjoe 04-05-2019 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by e-tronDriver (Post 25299307)

I have a 4/5 production date and still "gearing up" as of late 4/5. I'll be talking to the customer experience center sometime next week if it doesn't change.

jeffbtx 04-06-2019 05:46 AM

Received email notification last night that car was "in production" - order date of 1/28. Anyone know when a VIN is assigned?

e-tronDriver 04-06-2019 05:50 AM

So apparently they're not building them by order date. That's frustrating.