AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-e-tron-q8-e-tron-232/)
-   -   March 8 Configuration Lock Tracking (Non Edition One) (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-e-tron-q8-e-tron-232/march-8-configuration-lock-tracking-non-edition-one-2969945/)

Midnightblue 04-09-2019 08:39 AM

Manhattan Gray Prestige / Black interior ordered back in December, config locked March 8th. Just switched from Gearing up to In production today. (4/9/19) My guess is that the 4/5 production date most people were quoted was approximate and cars with that date are being built in a window +- a few days. Based on my past experience with Audi orders (a couple of custom ordered S6s) the time from build to delivery is more in the 6-8 week range and not 15-17 weeks. (unless they have switched fro using a standard cargo vessel to an 1800's merchant sailing ship).

I wonder if the phone reps, who are probably working for some out-source CS group, are just confused and are giving the expected time to delivery if you place a new order instead of the expected transit time once the car is built. 15-17 weeks (four months) sounds like what people are being told who are just now placing orders.

njjoe 04-10-2019 07:51 PM

So apparently they're not building them by order date. That's frustrating. It gets worse. 9/18 order date, 3/8 lock, supposed to have been in production 4/5. Pretty much loaded Prestige. After Audi support researched the status for 24 hours, they admitted that cars are not being built in reservation order. It's obvious that they are short on inventory of something. Not sure if it's unique to Prestige or some option that they don't have. This is why we are seeing Premium Plus being built ahead of everyone else. Over 6 months and they can't even provide a production date. Not a happy camper.

e-tronDriver 04-11-2019 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by njjoe (Post 25301878)
So apparently they're not building them by order date. That's frustrating. It gets worse. 9/18 order date, 3/8 lock, supposed to have been in production 4/5. Pretty much loaded Prestige. After Audi support researched the status for 24 hours, they admitted that cars are not being built in reservation order. It's obvious that they are short on inventory of something. Not sure if it's unique to Prestige or some option that they don't have. This is why we are seeing Premium Plus being built ahead of everyone else. Over 6 months and they can't even provide a production date. Not a happy camper.

Yeah this sucks. I emailed the e-tron rep at my dealer to try to get more info and he has stopped answering my emails.

1st Audi Owner 04-11-2019 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by e-tronDriver (Post 25302105)
Yeah this sucks. I emailed the e-tron rep at my dealer to try to get more info and he has stopped answering my emails.

Mine doesn't have a clue. I'll ask something and his response, if any, will be non-responsive to the question.

DMcDnald 04-11-2019 11:46 AM

There have been multiple reports of battery shortages, and perhaps labor shortages. With so many new EV models being planned, battery accessibility is going to get worse. LG Chem supplies a lot of car manufacturers. It seems as though Audi won't be able to meet their production goals.

Midnightblue 04-11-2019 02:41 PM

It may be one of the options that is causing the delay. Mine does not have the Cold/Towing/21" Turbine Wheels options (but does have the rear airbags) I wonder if the fancy special wiper arm squirters from the cold package are back ordered or something like that. My lock was on 3/8 same as yours and went to production a couple of days ago. When I ordered my McLaren a few years ago there was a problem with some of the exterior carbon fiber pieces that caused massive delays for some orders while ones without those pieces came through ahead of schedule. There was one car that was so late that they air freighted it to the owner instead of sending by ship. (I don't even want to think of what that cost, yikes!)

pkulak 04-11-2019 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Midnightblue (Post 25302245)
It may be one of the options that is causing the delay. Mine does not have the Cold/Towing/21" Turbine Wheels options (but does have the rear airbags) I wonder if the fancy special wiper arm squirters from the cold package are back ordered or something like that. My lock was on 3/8 same as yours and went to production a couple of days ago. When I ordered my McLaren a few years ago there was a problem with some of the exterior carbon fiber pieces that caused massive delays for some orders while ones without those pieces came through ahead of schedule. There was one car that was so late that they air freighted it to the owner instead of sending by ship. (I don't even want to think of what that cost, yikes!)

That's a good idea. If everyone listed every option, and if they are in production yet, it probably wouldn't be tough to find what holds up the works. I have the fancy wipers on mine, and every single other option, but on PP. So you have to think it's the Prestige trim, but lots of folks have that on the boat already. Could be a trim piece, or upholstery color...

S7maybe 04-11-2019 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by pkulak (Post 25302260)
That's a good idea. If everyone listed every option, and if they are in production yet, it probably wouldn't be tough to find what holds up the works. I have the fancy wipers on mine, and every single other option, but on PP. So you have to think it's the Prestige trim, but lots of folks have that on the boat already. Could be a trim piece, or upholstery color...

I have Prestige with every option except the towing package. Beige interior.

Larry David 04-11-2019 03:52 PM

Here are my details:
Ordered 10/25/18 - Locked 3/28 - Currently gearing up for production
Prestige - Manhattan Gray Metallic
Valcona leather Okapi Brown
Towing package
Audi Guard Protection Kit
Cold Weather package
21" 15-spoke-turbine design Bi-color wheels
7-pin Socket for Audi Towing Hitch
Rear side airbags and illuminated seat belt buckles
Privacy Cargo Cover

jeffbtx 04-11-2019 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Larry David (Post 25302280)
Here are my details:
Ordered 10/25/18 - Locked 3/28 - Currently gearing up for production
Prestige - Manhattan Gray Metallic
Valcona leather Okapi Brown
Towing package
Audi Guard Protection Kit
Cold Weather package
21" 15-spoke-turbine design Bi-color wheels
7-pin Socket for Audi Towing Hitch
Rear side airbags and illuminated seat belt buckles
Privacy Cargo Cover

I think some of your options are dealer-installed or PIO (port installed options) so I wouldn't think they would be a production constraint but not unrealistic that some of your option items installed on the assembly line could be.