Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

March 8 Configuration Lock Tracking (Non Edition One)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Francis Y.
I looked on my "reservation details" page, and the rear side airbags and lighted seat belt buckles are not listed even though I am positive I ordered them. However, when I configured an identical e tron with that option, the MSRP came out exactly the same as what is listed on my reservation details page (minus the $995 destination fee). So maybe the "reservation details" page just leaves out that option due to a glitch?
Yes, I'm in the exact same situation. I just called my dealer and they're claiming my car still is specced as having the optional rear seat air bags package, even though it's not showing up in my reservation details.

Last edited by LRSIII; 04-12-2019 at 07:29 AM.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 125 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Francis Y.
I looked on my "reservation details" page, and the rear side airbags and lighted seat belt buckles are not listed even though I am positive I ordered them. However, when I configured an identical e tron with that option, the MSRP came out exactly the same as what is listed on my reservation details page (minus the $995 destination fee). So maybe the "reservation details" page just leaves out that option due to a glitch?
Look at the Equipment Charge at the bottom right, Mine still shows my Rear side air bags and lighted seat belt option add in cost. Not sure why it disappeared form the main list. I'm assuming as long as the cost is shown it is somewhere in the bowels of logistics.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 82 Likes on 54 Posts

Good math, when I went through and built the exact configuration again, the prices matched. Odd.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha, same with me. Must just not be something that shows up on the web page.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Same here. Weird glitch. I know it was there last week when I looked at the reservation details.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

The person on the support line I talked to was very helpful. He said they have had other reports like this and suggested that anyone seeing this issue please call it in so they can get a better idea of the scope of the issue. He is working to confirm that the back-end system has the correct information and that this is simply an issue with the web front-end.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You got me concerned

Originally Posted by Larry David
The person on the support line I talked to was very helpful. He said they have had other reports like this and suggested that anyone seeing this issue please call it in so they can get a better idea of the scope of the issue. He is working to confirm that the back-end system has the correct information and that this is simply an issue with the web front-end.
You got me concerned so I checked my configuration on Audi's website. And, what do you know -- it was no longer showing the rear side airbags and lighted seat belt buckles. But, there were two new pictures, with descriptions: Wet wiper blades (the cold weather package was still there ) and LED headlights. The total price remained the same.

So I phoned support and expressed my concern. They have been consistently great. They suggested that it appears to be a computer-coding issue that will not affect the actual configuration. It sort of reminds me of when I was a child and the doctors could not find a cause for the symptoms of which my dad was complaining. More often that not it was attributed to "nerves." LOL.

While on the phone, I decided to ask about the delivery date of my e-tron. I was told that once it enters production, Audi was estimating delivery from 20 to 25 weeks. This would put it sometime in late September or early October (I should be so lucky) as my production date is April 25, 2019. FYI, I reserved the e-tron December 4, 2018. If the projection proves to be true, I will have carried this reservation longer than my mother carried me. But, at least with me, she got something with a high residual value.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Did anyone order an Edition One? If so, were there any additional choices to add on to the build, such as rear air bags, towing, rims, or cold package? Just curious if all of the Edition ones are truly factory identical or will there be some that do Tow for example.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have been told my production date is 4/25 as well. If I don't receive my e tron until September/October I will be very disappointed. That is ridiculous. I'm holding out hope that I receive it in June. I traded in my Q7 last week, I can live with one car until August. Once August hits, I coach football and having only one car would be a big pain for the family.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts

As crazy as it sounds, I'm hoping for Sept/Oct delivery, since the lease on my current ride ends October. Hopefully, the experience of all you early adopters will give me guidance. I'm kind of a master of delayed gratification.

Quick Reply: March 8 Configuration Lock Tracking (Non Edition One)