Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi e-Tron
Reload this Page >

New Kid on the Block

Audi e-Tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-Tron SUV.

New Kid on the Block

Old 06-24-2019, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Kid on the Block

I hope to take delivery of my new e-tron in the next couple weeks. The car's supposedly in Houston now and I'm in North Texas. Are there any initial "lessons learned" I need to know?

Thanks.
Old 06-26-2019, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make certain you have a correctly installed NEMA 12-50 220-240v outlet. I’ve read that 208v service is not compatible for our cars. Although I have a plug-in Juicebox, you really don’t need one and the charging connectors provided with the e tron work very well. You can get Audi-correct mounting hardware to make a neat semi-permanent installation. If you have a number of Tesla Destination chargers available for free use by patrons of local attractions or businesses, get an adapter so you can use these chargers. Do take advantage of the MMI e tron expert at the dealer. All will visit your home to help with set up. Some EV owners, including Tesla owners, “condition” their batteries (whatever that is) by driving gently and not depleting batteries too much. Me? Nah, I just drove mine normally and charged it to 100%. After readying the manual, I subsequently set the charging limit at 80% to lengthen the life of the battery pack.
Old 06-27-2019, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default E-tron Break in

Thanks so much for your response. I had my 240w home charging facility installed today. Now all I need is my new e-tron. Hopefully next week.

Clearly, planning a long trip right now, before EA has more charging stations open, remains a challenge.
Old 06-27-2019, 08:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

for the sake of accuracy It's a NEMA 14-50 receptacle, and It requires a double pole 50 amp breaker and a 6-3 cable, 2 hots, a neutral and a ground. Picked up my e-tron today and have much to learn. Have found this forum helpful, and hope to learn more as more owners join
Old 06-30-2019, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Sid Monge View Post
I hope to take delivery of my new e-tron in the next couple weeks. The car's supposedly in Houston now and I'm in North Texas. Are there any initial "lessons learned" I need to know?

Thanks.
I'm on here same as you. My eTron is due mid august.
Old 06-30-2019, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I got lucky. Mine was due in November but my order matched the cancelled order for a car arriving in Houston a couple weeks ago. I should see mine by the end of this week, according to the dealer.
The following users liked this post:
Earth And Main (07-02-2019)
Old 06-30-2019, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, there is much to learn. First, make no assumptions, read the manual
TPMS pgs 260-262 the TPMS Tire pressure monitoring system is not programmed with any values. You must first inflate all 4 tires to the correct tire pressure listed on the label affixed to the drivers door frame. I use the values for normal load. From home screen select Vehicle - settings & service - Tire Pressure Monitoring -store tire pressure - Yes,store pressure. The system now monitors tire pressure relative to the stored values.

Digital compass display in rear view mirror, Pg 53 press and hold button on bottom of mirror till compass displays in mirror. Press and hold to turn of compass display. Set to correct region on Pg 54. for example, zone 11 for New Jersey.

Hold Assist feature, Pg 94-95 If engaged, turn off before going through a conveyor belt car wash.

Intergrated Toll Module Pg133, must be registered before use

Inflatable spare tire is under trunk floor, but the compressor, jack and tools are under the mat in the frunk, where the supplied chargers are stored

hope this is helpful
The following users liked this post:
MileHigh e-tron (06-30-2019)
Old 06-30-2019, 07:44 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Lessons

This is the type of stuff I was hoping for. Thanks. I hope you didn't have to learn too many of these "the hard way."
Old 07-01-2019, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yep, picked mine up on Saturday and lots to learn. Be sure the dealer activates the free 1,000 kWh charging credit with Electrify America. If they miss it, you can activate yourself on you Audi app. Car is amazing a joy to drive. Traded in my 2018 Q7 and find it has same amount of room (minus 3rd row seats) but in smaller exterior package.
Old 07-03-2019, 03:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Charging question/options

My e-tron is due to arrive in 30 days.so I would like to understand the purpose of buying a JuiceBox (Electrical Vehical Supply Equipment - EVSE) if Audi already gives you their EVSE to charge the car. I'm having the NEMA 15-50 outlet installed in my garage next week so I'm ready.
If its only to have two EVSEs (one in car, and one at home), why not buy another one from Audi ?

Sorry, just asking fundementals.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Kid on the Block

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: