Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

>>Official E-tron Debate Thread<<

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Default >>Official E-tron Debate Thread<<

Comment here on your love or dislike on the e-tron. Gloves off.

...Picking up the thread from the A5 forum https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...-mail-2958153/

Last edited by BlackOptic; 09-18-2018 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I'm all for Battery Electric Vehicles... Just wish Audi would aim for a mid-market car. Kinda why I don't want to buy a $1k iPhoneX.... The iPhone7 costs half the price, and when the battery no longer holds a charge, I can replace the phone.
Old 09-18-2018, 07:40 PM
TYJ
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I really want to show my support for EVs and the message it sends about choices we as individuals can make regarding limiting our dependence on fossil fuels. However, in my opinion, Audi has missed a great opportunity with the debut of the e-Tron. Instead of jumping into the EV market from inception to compete against the Tesla Model 3, Audi decided to release "their version of the Model X" that, like the Model X, most can't afford and will continue to limit sales and exposure and grow the market segment ever-so-slowly.

Audi should have learned from Tesla and gone straight for Tesla's jugular... "direct competition against the Model 3", yet offering more for the money as Audi often does so well against its competitors. After all, Tesla's main goal was to bring affordable EVs to the masses. Audi had the opportunity to do it better with more experience, more efficiencies, and more for the money. Even more ironic since so many countries (and states in the US) have pledged goals to achieve 100% EVs in the near future.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

While I dislike SUVs I think this was smart: EVs are still more expensive than ICE cars, and in the luxury segment you're more able to stomach it. Audi is a luxury brand and there SUVs rule, like it or not. I would have loved a cute "proper" A3 e-tron hatchback, with all bells and whistles built by people who know how to build a luxury car (ie, unlike my 2018 Leaf), but for that I have to wait another 3 years.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:23 PM
TYJ
AudiWorld Member

Regarding the 2019 e-Tron: Audi should have offered much more for the money than what they debuted. That's what I'm used to and expected from Audi regardless of the price point or market segment.
Old 09-19-2018, 04:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It’s a lot of money compared to a Q7... But.. I was wishing for an RS4 e-tron.

Given the alternative is a Fiat 500e, which can be picked up for $9k after a couple of years (from a +$20k MSRP), i wonder what the resell value curve will look like for e-tron’s?
Old 09-19-2018, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by stanj
While I dislike SUVs I think this was smart: EVs are still more expensive than ICE cars, and in the luxury segment you're more able to stomach it. Audi is a luxury brand and there SUVs rule, like it or not. I would have loved a cute "proper" A3 e-tron hatchback, with all bells and whistles built by people who know how to build a luxury car (ie, unlike my 2018 Leaf), but for that I have to wait another 3 years.
The fact that Audi/MB/BMW have all launched ‘bloated’ SUVs is almost a travesty on the planet. A3-real-etron Sportbacks would really fly off the shelves.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thinking of putting a deposit in. I'm considering going for P+ with the driver assistance package. Is the upgrade to prestige worth it ?
Old 09-19-2018, 06:22 AM
TYJ
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
It’s a lot of money compared to a Q7... But.. I was wishing for an RS4 e-tron.

Given the alternative is a Fiat 500e, which can be picked up for $9k after a couple of years (from a +$20k MSRP), i wonder what the resell value curve will look like for e-tron’s?
The alternative to an e-Tron isn’t a Fiat 500e, it’s more likely a Tesla Model X or S which hold their values fairly well at resale.
The following users liked this post:
e-TronCurious (02-04-2020)
Old 09-19-2018, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Audi needs to go ahead and create an A4-size e-tron car.
The following users liked this post:
e-TronCurious (02-04-2020)

Quick Reply: >>Official E-tron Debate Thread<<