Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Petition to eliminate front plates?

Old 05-14-2019, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, instead of the temp window reg. But nowhere in that code does it state Dealer shall also butcher the clients front bumper to do so! I simply instructed them not to drill into the bumper damaging the car and they went ahead and just did it. Very annoying
Old 05-14-2019, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have driven my Colorado Maser for years with no front plate in derogation of our law. I have been stopped only twice - each time the cop just wanted to look at and ask questions about the car...lol
Old 05-14-2019, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by MKSurfPhoto
I haven’t checked any that are still wrapped as far as e-trons. However Audi has started installing front plate brackets for some models because of all the tech/sensors and they have to be ordered specifically ‘delete front plate bracket’ to bypass that. RS5 in particular arrive wrapped with the bracket installed unless that option is specifically ordered.
A3s and e-trons come with the bracket in the trunk. All other Audi models are factory installed.
Old 05-14-2019, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eone
My car arrived at the dealer without the bracket installed it was in the trunk, they then screwed it on with a drill and 4 self-tapping screws
Seriously? They told me there were mounting holes already present. I am planning to remove it.
Old 05-14-2019, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

That is what they told me at first also. I would not mind but for the fact I told them not to do it that I would. They could have just 3M double taped it for delivery.
Old 05-14-2019, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I was told that Audi was working on a bracket for the front. It would take some time to engineered due to the placement of sensors, etc. I’m fine with that..

We had an older style caddy SRX awd in the top trim. Pearl white. The front of that car was awesome and it came from a state with no front plates. After the 3rd or so time we got stopped we were forced to get a plate. And It defaced the car.
Old 05-14-2019, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Eone
That is what they told me at first also. I would not mind but for the fact I told them not to do it that I would. They could have just 3M double taped it for delivery.
That is barbaric.
Old 05-14-2019, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

It was disappointing to say the least, I also live outside of CA in other states which do not require front plates and that option is removed at least for the short term until they replace the whole front grill :-) Will be interesting after having a Tesla to see how long it takes Audi to ship them one!
Old 05-14-2019, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Heres how it looked 24 hours earlier

Old 05-14-2019, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Let us know if you hear about price on that. I wonder if they have to replace the whole thing or if they can replace just the big middle piece.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Petition to eliminate front plates?