Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Problems already, back in the shop after 1 day (30 miles)

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Problems already, back in the shop after 1 day (30 miles)

Error on dash for "Exit warning: malfunction! Please contact Service" that won't go away.

This is in addition to the door upholstery coming off. That will possibly need parts from Germany.

The rest of the car is doing ok (after one day) but this is a bummer.

On a side note: I had to sign a contract for a Q8 loaner. In the 1 mile drive home I already know I want the e-tron back. The Q8 drivetrain trying to find the right gear and laggy shifting in very relaxed driving is terrible.
Old 05-09-2019, 04:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Bound to be a few niggles here and there. I assume this is the system that delays door opening when a traffic conflict is detected? As to the trim, I live 12 miles from the Tesla factory, but my guess is an Audi part from Germany gets here first.

I'm glad you decided to take delivery. I appreciate your view of things and was hoping you could continue contributing.

I have been on hiatus since cancelling my reservation a few weeks ago. Didn't want to dampen the enthusiasm, but after some careful consideration and calculation, I reupped this morning. Going to be interesting to see the progress on a recent reservation. Only costs $1000 to find out.
Old 05-09-2019, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Yeah, nothing serious but it keeps the car in the shop which is a bummer. I waited 8 months, I can wait for this!

Glad to hear you're back in the game. The car was really good in the short time I had it. I'm going to give my impressions when I've had it for more time. Hopefully, I can get the car back tomorrow even if they don't have parts to fix it. I was looking to run some highway consumption tests over the weekend.
Old 05-09-2019, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alexlear
Error on dash for "Exit warning: malfunction! Please contact Service" that won't go away.
Yep. Same problem on my Edition One. Happened around the second or third day I had the car. Dealer tried to tell me it would be a couple of weeks before they had an open service appointment... but after pointing out that I have a persistent error on a very expensive, two-day old car, they have me scheduled for Monday.
Old 05-10-2019, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiFan02
Yep. Same problem on my Edition One. Happened around the second or third day I had the car. Dealer tried to tell me it would be a couple of weeks before they had an open service appointment... but after pointing out that I have a persistent error on a very expensive, two-day old car, they have me scheduled for Monday.
Glad they stepped up for you, but you shouldn't have had to point that out.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to hear about your problem. I had an ebrake malfunction warning light go off a couple times on my edition one a day after taking it home from the delearship. It hasn’t come back yet. I’m dreading the time that something will go off. It’s like playing new car Russian roulette.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by vinnysca
Sorry to hear about your problem. I had an ebrake malfunction warning light go off a couple times on my edition one a day after taking it home from the delearship. It hasn’t come back yet. I’m dreading the time that something will go off. It’s like playing new car Russian roulette.
You may want them to look for error codes, just to be safe, Better than hoping the error won't come back (at a very inconvenient time).