Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Quality issues on delivery

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quality issues on delivery

Overall I’ve been quite happy with my e-tron’s condition on delivery compared to other expensive brands I’ve owned, but it’s still worth rounding up what people have experienced so far. We’ve seen a few reports about warning lights with people’s new e-trons after delivery — some that went away after a reset and some that have required service & parts replacements.

Mine has been electronically and dynamically perfect so far (knock on wood) but there are a couple niggles: I have a couple of buzzy rattles (one from the central overhead console and another I’m not sure about yet). And my steering wheel is off-center (rotated) by about 20 degrees. I’ll get both of those things addressed by service soon.

The paint and overall fit and finish are SUPERB on my Edition One, which is a far cry from my previous EVs. Overall it seems like a great job by Audi (this is my first Audi vehicle). I’m loving it.
Old 05-22-2019, 07:39 AM
SWFla-eTron

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

My e tron is sitting at the dealer “being detailed” and prepped for delivery tomorrow afternoon. I’ll tell them to double check the steering wheel alignment, test drive for rattles and buzzes and any warning lights that may illuminate during the course of check out. Folks out there(?): any other suggestions for make ready check out? I’m not in any rush as my Juice Box has not arrived as yet although garage is wired with specified 220v NEMA outlet, and flying out of here next week on short trip. Thanks all in advance. George (Naples, FL)
Old 05-22-2019, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Leaking in rain

My E1 arrived two weeks ago today. I had to wait until that Saturday to pick it up. I got there and the sales guy told me there was a computer fault that they couldn’t clear. It took until the following Thursday to get it cleared. So I picked it up last Thursday. I drove it home and loved it. On Friday, we had a lot of rain and I had water dripping from the headliner near the windshield. I drove it immediately to the dealer and left it with them. Five days later and they haven’t solved it. Today there are some technicians flying in to take a look at it.

I had a 2014 A7 and my wife drives a 2018 Q7. We love our Audis so I am giving them a chance to make this right.

I will say that the 18 hours with the car was incredible. I’m really excited to get it back.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by oh0150
My e tron is sitting at the dealer “being detailed” and prepped for delivery tomorrow afternoon. I’ll tell them to double check the steering wheel alignment, test drive for rattles and buzzes and any warning lights that may illuminate during the course of check out. Folks out there(?): any other suggestions for make ready check out? I’m not in any rush as my Juice Box has not arrived as yet although garage is wired with specified 220v NEMA outlet, and flying out of here next week on short trip. Thanks all in advance. George (Naples, FL)
It sounds obvious but make sure they check the tire pressure. My car was delivered with each tire about 15 pounds below recommended. The first day the kilowatt hour usage was ridiculous .After adjusting the pressure there was a marked improvement.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:40 AM
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jthackston
My E1 arrived two weeks ago today. I had to wait until that Saturday to pick it up. I got there and the sales guy told me there was a computer fault that they couldn’t clear. It took until the following Thursday to get it cleared. So I picked it up last Thursday. I drove it home and loved it. On Friday, we had a lot of rain and I had water dripping from the headliner near the windshield. I drove it immediately to the dealer and left it with them. Five days later and they haven’t solved it. Today there are some technicians flying in to take a look at it.

I had a 2014 A7 and my wife drives a 2018 Q7. We love our Audis so I am giving them a chance to make this right.

I will say that the 18 hours with the car was incredible. I’m really excited to get it back.
I had an headliner issue with VW Touareg and they tried to fix it.....it was never right. Hopefully it's a windshield seal and not the headliner itself. Headliners are impossible to fix to a factory build and there is no way I would accept an e tron with this issue. I would demand a replacement or cancel my order.
Old 05-22-2019, 03:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So I've been lucky so far, 3 weeks in, and no issues with my Edition One.
Old 05-22-2019, 03:26 PM
SWFla-eTron

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks to everyone for their comments and observations. Picking up my loaded White Prestige tomorrow and will report on my experience as the KW’s are consumed. I’m looking fwd to having a positive experience given everything I’ve read from many sources — particularly the fit ‘n finish and quiet, smooth ride. I also like the fact that it does not look like a one-of EV, but just an ordinary Q5 or 7. It will be used locally so no range anxiety issues here. BTW, this is my first Audi having been a loyal bimmer guy since ‘94, switching from M-B back then. Keeping ‘17 750 and ‘13 X5 M . The latter with low miles.
Old 05-23-2019, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Mine came with a bum a/c. Seems to run for a minute or two and then it just goes off. If you dig around in the menu's it tells me "There is a malfunction in the auxiliary air conditioner."

Back it goes in the am.

The rest of it seems pretty good. No rattles etc.
The lane assist is annoying. Can you turn this totally off?
Not a fan of the stomp on the "gas" and then smash it some more to go into boost mode.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

I’ve had my E1 since May 1. The only thing that happened for the first day or so was that an ebrake malfunction light came on a couple times but has not returned since. The ebrake has been working flawlessly since. Overall the car has been perfect both inside and out.

Vinny
Old 05-26-2019, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by oh0150
Generally wouldn’t want something you own sitting in someone else’s hands for a long time.

Quick Reply: Quality issues on delivery