Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Quality issues on delivery

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by m2man
Mine came with a bum a/c. Seems to run for a minute or two and then it just goes off. If you dig around in the menu's it tells me "There is a malfunction in the auxiliary air conditioner."

Back it goes in the am.

The rest of it seems pretty good. No rattles etc.
The lane assist is annoying. Can you turn this totally off?
Not a fan of the stomp on the "gas" and then smash it some more to go into boost mode.
I understand lane assist works better when used with the adaptive cruise control. Teslabjorn made some comments about it in one of his video. H seemed ok with it, but rated it behind Tesla's autopilot and Nissan. My test drive of a Model 3 left me impressed with Autopilot. I would never be too reliant on any of these systems at this point.
Old 05-26-2019, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Haven't had a thing go wrong with my E1 so far.
Old 05-26-2019, 09:22 PM
SWFla-eTron

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Took delivery on Thurs. car has been fine during its first 90 mi. Typical excellent German auto fit n finish. Did a top-off recharge using Audi supplied charging cables that was straight forward (Juicebox is en route). Expert coming Tues to program garage doors, etc. When I discharge the battery a bit, I’ll try to use up some credits st the L3 Electrify America station nearby. Dealer programmed my iPhone with the App so I shd be registered with EA.
Old 05-27-2019, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm not sure if I mentioned this earlier but it's relevant to this thread.

The door fabric was coming out of the trim when I picked up the car.

Estimate for getting a replacement was 1 month (which based on previous experience with Audi parts means they have no idea).

Old 05-27-2019, 03:00 PM
SWFla-eTron

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Geesh! I really feel for you and the challenges you encountered with your e Tron. It appears that your dealer will be responsible and make certain everything is made 100% right. I hope they gave you a good loaner or may be even an e Tron.
Old 05-27-2019, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts

It's unfortunate to hear that there have been quite a few issues with the e-tron. I was initially critical of the issues reported in the I Pace forum, but clearly no manufacturer is immune.
Old 05-27-2019, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

I suppose I should also mention that the hood wasn't adjusted properly so only one side was latching and causing the hood sensor to trip randomly. I'm not used to a car with two hood latches so I didn't know what was going on because it looked latched. That was fixed with a T-25 torx tool adjustment on the under hood hook (passenger side). Not a big deal but seems like something that should be inspected before it gets to the customer.
Old 05-27-2019, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DMcDnald
It's unfortunate to hear that there have been quite a few issues with the e-tron. I was initially critical of the issues reported in the I Pace forum, but clearly no manufacturer is immune.
These issues are minor compared to what is found on I-Pace forums.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Be careful moving your sun visor. Broke it off when trying to move the visor to hold the windshield sun shade. The service tech were able to attach it back.
Old 05-30-2019, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by alexlear
I suppose I should also mention that the hood wasn't adjusted properly so only one side was latching and causing the hood sensor to trip randomly. I'm not used to a car with two hood latches so I didn't know what was going on because it looked latched. That was fixed with a T-25 torx tool adjustment on the under hood hook (passenger side). Not a big deal but seems like something that should be inspected before it gets to the customer.
interesting issue there. I too have never known a car to have more than one hood latch. perhaps they did it that way because we in theory will be in and out of the hood frequently since that is the charging storage? I think that it may also be to keep the hood from flexing and causing drag? Our car is still in service for the sensors and the MMI module replacement, however, I think the hood seems less than solid, so it might explain why they used two latches. It also does not always close perfectly, setting off a dash light.

these issues aside, we still love the look and feel of the car. Hope we get it back and it works right for the rest of the time.

Quick Reply: Quality issues on delivery