Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Saw a couple of real life E-trons last night

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 02:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for sharing. The exterior looks great and I like the color choices on that one. The Audi logo looks great on it as well. I feel like the interior though is lacking in some styling areas. It seems a bit plain and standard to me. Anyone else agree?
Old 01-10-2019, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by CJ455
. I feel like the interior though is lacking in some styling areas. It seems a bit plain and standard to me. Anyone else agree?
What looks plain to you? Pretty unique dash servicing with multiple planes at varying angles, pretty futurist displays, center console has unique shifter and open-sided storage.... I agree the seats detailing is rather bland, and the door armrests are very VW, but I think there is a lot of nice design here. I'd hate to seem the go overboard with the electric car design motif like a Prius or Bolt or Leaf that just is odd..... Certainly open to individual interpretation.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

To me, it looks like an Audi Q8 which I think is a very nice looking vehicle. After sitting in an etron when they had it for a few hours at my local Audi dealership, I was 100% sold on the exterior. The interior was very attractive and super comfortable. I prefer the more conservative Audi styling as opposed to something like the BMW iNext but that is just me.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Never understood all this drama about "black headliner" availability...... Something like grey offers a seriously less drab, light-filled cabin, which is why lighter color headliners have been used for decades. Suddenly black headliners are all the rage, like they a sporty or something....to the point now you have to pay extra for one (a pure, 100% profit for the manufacturer cashing in on a trend). Half the time I'd pay extra to not have a black headliner, and I've owned both to definitely tell the black adds to the "dungeon" effect in a major way late at night or on a cloudy day. With panoramic roofs there isn't much headliner at all anyways, LOL.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

A black headliner and color coordinated dash trim would go a long way to making the interior feel cohesive when a customer has selected black leather seating. Your point about there not being much headliner is quite true, which means black wouldn’t really create much of a dungeon affect, and would look better and hide scuffs better.

im not looking forward to a beige headliner in an otherwise black interior. In the end we really want more options, akin to Euro selectivity. Audi has a tendency to delays these in the US until future MY, from past experience.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Most black interiors have grey headliners. And yes.....Audi won't offer virtually ANY of the cool choices offered in other countries. Black, great, sliver, white....and 14 shades of each. Pair with black leather....I just described 90% of all Audis in America. What a bore.....
Old 01-11-2019, 02:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just to comment, I don't understand why Audit USA can't give us different things like colors that are available in the rest of the world. I would understand if dealers have to have a large inventory, they would want what is most popular and can sell. However... (and these are just assumptions)

- Cars are being built to order, minimizing any inventory that dealers would actually have to sell
- Made in same factory and assume assembly line as other region cars
- No regulatory reasons, or price differences for materials

I feel like Audi USA is using the same system they use for ordering ICE cars. But building EVs to order should lead you to do things differently...
Old 01-16-2019, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default e-trons in NE week of Feb 4th

I understand that several e-trons will be available to look at - at MA and NH dealers the week of Feb 4th. No test drives just sit and look. It would be great if somebody that goes to such a show would write down a VIN number so that we can look at a manual. Would be very interesting.

Perhaps somebody already has a VIN number. Does anybody know of any AUDI self-study programs, training or sales literature being already available for the e-tron?
Old 01-17-2019, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by perlfather
I understand that several e-trons will be available to look at - at MA and NH dealers the week of Feb 4th. No test drives just sit and look. It would be great if somebody that goes to such a show would write down a VIN number so that we can look at a manual. Would be very interesting.

Perhaps somebody already has a VIN number. Does anybody know of any AUDI self-study programs, training or sales literature being already available for the e-tron?
No VIN for me yet, even though my configuration locked on December 30. I've asked the e-tron hotline about the availability of an owner manual, so that folks could study it before picking up the car. I was told that there isn't a version of the owner manual in English yet (!!), and that we won't see one before the VIN is assigned to your vehicle.

I do like your idea of someone writing down the VIN for one of the show vehicles, and then using that VIN to see if an owner manual could be downloaded.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Now that it has been reported that etrons will be delivered 3 to 4 months late to Europe (now the estimate is March, where it was previously estimated to be Dec/Jan), it may be safe to assume that the US deliveries will be 3 or 4 months later as well. That would put the timeframe in Q3 earliest. I am now guessing July/August/Sept. Of course I hope it is earlier.

Quick Reply: Saw a couple of real life E-trons last night