Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Saw a couple of real life E-trons last night

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by schalliol
Awesome! How high is the "Off Road" air suspension mode? Does it seem like a nice jump? My S6's "Lift" isn't much.
The Lift setting is a couple inches. Not insignificant and definitely noticeable. I was more interested in how it looked slammed.

The pneumatic springs adjust individually to the road conditions depending on the speed and the driver’s preferences, varying the ride height by as much as 76 millimeters (3.0 in) starting from the basic setting of 172 millimeters (6.8 in). On the highway, the body is lowered by as much as 26 millimeters (1.0 in), which improves stability and the aerodynamics, thus facilitating a long range. In offroad mode, it increases ground clearance by 35 millimeters (1.4 in). If the driver also activates the “Lift” function in Audi drive select, the body is raised an additional 15 millimeters (0.6 in). In conjunction with the front angle of approach of 18.2 degrees and the rear angle of approach of 24.4 degrees with the offroad setting, the Audi e-tron is well prepared to tackle gentle offroad terrain. The ramp angle of the electric SUV is 16.8 degrees in this configuration.
Old 02-22-2019, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's too bad they can't do a bit more, but 2.0" isn't bad. Thanks!
Old 02-22-2019, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by LavaGrau_A3
I've spent far too much time on the configurator and looking at the order guide. As I look closer, it does become harder to justify the Prestige cost. Are you looking at the Order Guide or just the configurator? The Order Guide has a couple of very nice to have additional items.
What order guide?
On the configurator... for the Prestige, it adds:
  • Driver Assistance Package
  • Head-up display
  • Individual contour seats with Valcona leather
  • Massage function for front seats
  • Air quality package - ionizer and fragrance
  • Power door closers
Except for the DAP (available separately), and Valcona... and the nicer 21" wheels... I just see more power sucking equipment to go wrong.

Last edited by BlackOptic; 02-22-2019 at 12:39 PM.
Old 02-22-2019, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by robertsalem
nice quality pics, thanks. are those for your dealers event? can you share more details about it?
What do you want to know? I will say that the interior is very nice and worthy of the price tag. I don't think anyone will be disappointed, it is just like any other Audi, just electric.
Old 02-22-2019, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
What order guide?
I've attached to this post. Plan on making sure with my dealer has not been revised prior to 3/8.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2019 etron order guide.pdf (544.0 KB, 62 views)
Old 02-22-2019, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REAR Cargo Dimensions Please!

Hello
If anyone has the opportunity (and tape measure) would you kindly measure the rear cargo hold of the eTron
Specifically, Depth from bumper (sill) to back of seats (if possible, with 2nd row upright and folded flat)
Width
Height
Load height (i.e. from pavement to cargo floor)

Thanks!
Old 02-22-2019, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Guards Red Car
Hello
If anyone has the opportunity (and tape measure) would you kindly measure the rear cargo hold of the eTron
Specifically, Depth from bumper (sill) to back of seats (if possible, with 2nd row upright and folded flat)
Width
Height
Bjorn Nyland did this in a video. At about 6min35sec to 8min,

Last edited by alexlear; 02-22-2019 at 05:11 PM.
Old 02-22-2019, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Guards Red Car
Hello
Width
Height

Thanks!
and if you are curious about cargo capacity... The old Banana box test is funny...

Old 02-22-2019, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by LavaGrau_A3
I've attached to this post. Plan on making sure with my dealer has not been revised prior to 3/8.
Very interesting! Aside from wondering just how different the Valconia leather is (I’d only want black anyways)... The ‘miss’ that I’d have not going for the Prestige is the rear window manual shades and the acoustic glass. The other power sucking add ons, I can leave behind!
Old 02-22-2019, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Wind noise being such a factor in EV's, I'm not wanting to go without the dual pane acoustic side glass (the windshield is dual pane acoustic as standard). This is a fairly expensive option on other cars.
The rear shades are nice to have.

IMO, the Valcona leather seats are fabulous to sit on and very soft. My Cayenne has $6000 upgraded leather that isn't as nice. With them you also get the full leather package including:
  • Center console
  • Airbag cap on the steering wheel
  • Upper dashboard
  • Lower dashboard including glove compartment door
  • Door pockets, armrests and upper panels
  • Lower seat covers and backrest seat covers
  • Front and rear headrest shells
Not trying to judge which is better for you, just trying to get all the info out there. Stuff is spread all over the place.

Quick Reply: Saw a couple of real life E-trons last night