Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Sound System Failure

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2019, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sound System Failure

This posting is mostly for the record. Only two week since new and the sound system has failed. I get no sound from FM radio, XM radio, Media player, or hands free phone connection. Everything looks normal except when you try and adjust the volume it says "Currently Unavailable." Had a long discussion wit Audi Connect Support who were very helpful. They did a reboot on the MMI and factory reset on the Sound Settings and Radio. They checked and said there were no tech bulletins on this. Concluded the dealer needs to work on the problem. I'm guessing it's an early life failure of the sound controller.Question is whether the dealer will have spares to swap parts.

So far I give good marks to Audi Support especially on a holiday weekend.
Old 07-05-2019, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 82 Likes on 54 Posts

Good luck. Sorry to hear that, no pun intended.
Old 07-05-2019, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm going to tell you that this exact problem is common in the Audi cars. I have a Q7, and same issue for almost 3 years... dealer does "updates" and it always comes back; They give me a loaner, and same problem. restarting the car gets mine to go away, until some random next time.

Good luck with the issue, my Q7 has had this issue with no solution in site from the day I purchased it (2.5 years ago).
Old 07-06-2019, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 82 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiTK
I'm going to tell you that this exact problem is common in the Audi cars. I have a Q7, and same issue for almost 3 years... dealer does "updates" and it always comes back; They give me a loaner, and same problem. restarting the car gets mine to go away, until some random next time.

Good luck with the issue, my Q7 has had this issue with no solution in site from the day I purchased it (2.5 years ago).
I appreciate the troubles you had, but one person does not make a pattern. I’ve had Q7’s for years with no audio issues.
Old 07-07-2019, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiTK

I had this problem for years on my last 3 Audi’s A5 Cab, Q7, ETron. I never bothered to bring them in because the problem was very infrequent and a simple restart of the car solved the problem for me.
Old 07-08-2019, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Well, after 5 days of silence, my sound system came back to life and has been working fine all day I drove over 200 miles today with numerous stops and sound system was fine, including not being preempted by Car Play when it initialized. The only thing I did different was charge to 100% last night for today's long drive. Can't see how that should have any bearing on the sound system. If it keeps working for the next few days I'll cancel my service appointment.