Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Tesla Engineering Insights

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tesla Engineering Insights

I came across this video today. It reinforced my decision to stay with the e-tron over Tesla. I have a lot of admiration for the capabilities and features of the Tesla (range residing at the top of that list) and Musk deserves all the credit in the world for blazing the trail for electric transportation. That said, as an engineer myself, this "behind the dash" view of the Model S left me feeling that Tesla is more of a computer company than a car company. Not looking to provoke a Tesla vs. Audi fan war. Just thought this video offered a unique look at the way Tesla's are engineered.

Last edited by Photonix; 06-05-2019 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-05-2019, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

I watched this a few days ago. Which part concerned you? (His other videos should concern you more!)

I've watched all of Rich's videos even back when he was carguru (before "Car Gurus" persued legal action). His videos are a very honest look at Tesla. You should know though that all the cars he buys are salvaged and sometimes completely flooded cars and he doesn't put in the effort to repair the cars properly. In his defense Tesla limits help with salvaged cars because of the risk involved.

I think his decision to build an independent EV repair shop is good and I hope we see more of those.