Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

TeslaBjorn Scores E-Tron 9/10 I-Pace 7/10

Old 01-28-2019, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LavaGrau_A3
I'm relieved that Bjørn gives it a 9/10 score. That means the efficiency, charge speed, and banana box capacity are at least acceptable. You might be able to sleep comfortably in the trunk as well.
Having followed Bjorn for a long time, I am sure the 9/10 rating means he was very impressed. He is never going to rate it higher than a Tesla X as that would be like committing suicide to his revenue stream. I am thinking on the minuses consumption will be mentioned, as well as some software bugs in MMI, he might even mention E-Tron has lower towing capacity then Model X (but that would be iffy, because Model X only has the 5K tow rating with standard 20" wheels, if you upgrade to the 22's the tow rating is 3500 lbs). I think the E-tron is going to do well on the banana box test, I earlier guessed 24, plus 1 in the Frunk, which would be outstanding if possible. Charging of course the E-Tron is the best car in the marketplace currently, this has already been confirmed by fastned, among others.

Let's not forget all of Bjorn's E-Tron testing has been done in snowy / cold conditions, so the consumption and range are a bit closer to worst case.