Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Toll discounts

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 93 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Toll discounts

Let's gather a list of EV Toll discounts information in this threads
Let me start with these (in my area) :Most of them, have not update the list of eligible vehicles to include our e-tron and I have not apply for any of them yet, please share your experiences.

Also, I wonder if I should register the Integrated Toll Module at http://www.ITMsignup.com/Audi. - I am hesitated to enable a permanently tracker under my skin or in my body in my SUV ! - I know I can disable, but can't swap.

Last edited by 2KA6_2.7T; 05-17-2019 at 05:54 AM. Reason: to clarify that the ITM can be disabled.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 82 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by 2KA6_2.7T
Let me start with these (in my area) :
Most of them, have not update the list of eligible vehicles to include our e-tron and I have not apply for any of them yet, please share your experiences.

Also, I wonder if I should register the Integrated Toll Module at http://www.ITMsignup.com/Audi. - I am hesitated to enable a permanently tracker under my skin or in my body in my SUV ! - I know I can disable, but can't swap.

I live in Illinois. They'll probably slap me with an EV Toll Surcharge.
Old 10-29-2019, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2KA6_2.7T
Let me start with these (in my area) :Most of them, have not update the list of eligible vehicles to include our e-tron and I have not apply for any of them yet, please share your experiences.

So If for example you live in the tri-state area and regularly traverse NJ turnpike, GSP, NY Thruway and hudson river crossings, you have to apply with EACH of these organizations? My E-ZPass dates back forever, and its through E-ZPass NY, so I just inquired there. There was nowhere on my account homepage that I could indicate that I just bought a BEV.

And is it true as I have read somewhere around here that if the ITM is active, people have not been getting their discounts?

Last edited by obmd1; 10-29-2019 at 06:06 PM. Reason: typos
Old 11-07-2019, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default ITM through Best Pass - BEWARE THE FINE PRINT!!!

Originally Posted by obmd1
So If for example you live in the tri-state area and regularly traverse NJ turnpike, GSP, NY Thruway and hudson river crossings, you have to apply with EACH of these organizations? My E-ZPass dates back forever, and its through E-ZPass NY, so I just inquired there. There was nowhere on my account homepage that I could indicate that I just bought a BEV.

And is it true as I have read somewhere around here that if the ITM is active, people have not been getting their discounts?
I activated the ITM through Best Pass when I bought the car, without checking the details. For some unknown reason, Audi set the program up to be domiciled in PA. Use it anywhere else and you will pay full price - e.g. in NY tristate area you'll pay the "pay by mail" rate. The difference can add up - the Whitestone Bridge EZ-Pass rate is $6.12 each way. The pay by mail rate is $9.50. I think the ITM concept it great, but somebody at Audi did a half assed job of negotiating the rate structure. I've ordered a new EZ pass transponder and as soon as I get it will disable to the ITM until something changes.
Old 03-01-2022, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by estearns60
I activated the ITM through Best Pass when I bought the car, without checking the details. For some unknown reason, Audi set the program up to be domiciled in PA. Use it anywhere else and you will pay full price - e.g. in NY tristate area you'll pay the "pay by mail" rate. The difference can add up - the Whitestone Bridge EZ-Pass rate is $6.12 each way. The pay by mail rate is $9.50. I think the ITM concept it great, but somebody at Audi did a half assed job of negotiating the rate structure. I've ordered a new EZ pass transponder and as soon as I get it will disable to the ITM until something changes.
This is still the case in Mar 2022 -- from its FAQ. I just got an Audi with ITM but living in NYC, I guess I won't take advantage of it...

What rates am I charged?
On most toll roads you will receive the electronic toll rate. Most roads covered by EZ Pass will be charged the out-of-state toll rate except for Pennsylvania, where the electronic rate is applied. Washington State and Colorado:
Toll by plate is in effect for these States. In CO you will receive the electronic/transponder rate. In WA the rate charged is the electronic rate plus $0.25 per toll. Be sure to update your plate by visiting my.payviam.com. Unfortunately, HOV settings on the ITM device will not work in WA and CO. We are always working to expand coverage and will update you with any changes.
The following users liked this post:
marraccinijd (03-06-2022)
Old 03-01-2022, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

91 Express Lanes is free except 5pm to 7pm, traveling east bound Monday through Friday to all zero emission vehicles.
The following users liked this post:
marraccinijd (03-06-2022)