Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Voluntary recall on 2019 e-tron's

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Voluntary recall on 2019 e-tron's

I heard from Audi of America regarding a potential problem and recall today.

Early e-trons were identified as potentially having a bad seal that would allow water to follow the high voltage cable path inside the battery. Audi is taking this very seriously. At this time there is no fix but there should be something in 6-8 weeks. If you see the red triangle with the red exclamation mark in it on the dash, you're advised to pull over and contact Audi roadside assistance. If this happens to you, they will issue a loaner (with paid gas) while you wait (6-8 weeks) for a fix.

It's a bummer but these things happen.

Also, if you purchased Audi Care, you'll get a refund. If you didn't, you'll get it added for free.

Last edited by alexlear; 06-07-2019 at 11:54 AM.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:59 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by alexlear
I heard from Audi of America regarding a potential problem and recall today.

Early e-trons were identified as potentially having a bad seal that would allow water to follow the high voltage cable path inside the battery. Audi is taking this very seriously. At this time there is no fix but there should be something in 6-8 weeks. If you see the red triangle with the red exclamation mark in it on the dash, you're advised to pull over and contact Audi roadside assistance. If this happens to you, they will issue a loaner (with paid gas) while you wait (6-8 weeks) for a fix.

It's a bummer but these things happen.

Also, if you purchased Audi Care, you'll get a refund. If you didn't, you'll get it added for free.
Will this AudiCare benefit apply to all e-trons, or just those who experience the "red exclamation mark" issue?
Old 06-07-2019, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

My understanding is that if your vehicle is identified as one that has the potential for this problem, then they will contact you and Audi Care would be added. All things considered, you should hope this doesn't apply to you.
Old 06-07-2019, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by alexlear
My understanding is that if your vehicle is identified as one that has the potential for this problem, then they will contact you and Audi Care would be added. All things considered, you should hope this doesn't apply to you.
Who ever is affected it would be good to know the last 6 digits of your VIN to see the where on the production run this occurred. Please post when know.
Old 06-07-2019, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got the call from Audi, same info. My VIN ends in 005***. They offered a loaner; I declined for now. They're giving me Audi Care.

I got the sense that they are treating this as a very big deal, and are super concerned with taking care of their customers.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For what it's worth my E1 vin is 0067**.. no calls or issues that I'm aware of.
Old 06-07-2019, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Check your VIN here:

Audi Recall Services by Vehicle Identification Number

Mine was listed but no one has reached out to me.
Old 06-07-2019, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks for the link... The warning comes up for my E1 as well....I'm away from home but my husband hasn't seen any warning lights. Not exactly reassuring that no repair is identified...I'll be rather irritated if the car or my house (or anything else) burns down!!!

I charged outside it in the rain last weekend...eeesh.
Old 06-07-2019, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Reliantg
Check your VIN here:

Audi Recall Services by Vehicle Identification Number

Mine was listed but no one has reached out to me.
Thanks for sharing the link. Unfortunately, mine comes up as one that is being recalled. UGH!!! They already had it for 10 days already fixing a prior issue.
Old 06-08-2019, 01:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm also on the recall list as per my VIN number. My e-tron is not an early build, it's a Prestige built in March. It's charges 100% outdoors as I have no garage. The charging cable has already been attached through several very heavy thunderstorms with no issues. If all that's wrong is a seal, this should not be too difficult a fix, we would hope.

Quick Reply: Voluntary recall on 2019 e-tron's