Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi e-Tron
Reload this Page >

Voluntary recall on 2019 e-tron's

Audi e-Tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-Tron SUV.

Voluntary recall on 2019 e-tron's

Old 06-12-2019, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eone View Post
Well they don't seem to be worried out here in Californa. My dealer never replied to my emails and Audi was fine with me not only continuing to uses the car daily but also taking it on our planned summer trip next month up north..
From the post, we should be worried I guess as it's HOT here now..
and the battery does need to be cool down when you're on the road, especially long trip.
But if you don't have the warning light on, enjoy the car!!!

SJ Audi did inform me and my friend about it.
I was going to take delivery and use it for the road trip ...
So now I am debating ...
Old 06-12-2019, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by viqchen View Post
From the post, we should be worried I guess as it's HOT here now..
and the battery does need to be cool down when you're on the road, especially long trip.
But if you don't have the warning light on, enjoy the car!!!

What are you talking about? What post implies that heat and battery cooling has anything to do with the issue?
Old 06-12-2019, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Reliantg View Post
I'm in the Bay Area too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
WOW Who is your dealer they sound great! Mine is Audi of Oakland...
Old 06-12-2019, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

On the good side, you're not burning up lease miles!!
Old 06-12-2019, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by LavaGrau_A3 View Post

What are you talking about? What post implies that heat and battery cooling has anything to do with the issue?
This issue is with the battery coolant per the article linked above.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Reliantg View Post
This issue is with the battery coolant per the article linked above.
Poorly written, that article meanders into the coolant system by way of Audi's mention of a "thermal event". The recall does not involve coolant leakage, but outside water ingress through the high voltage charge port via the wiring loom.

Audi mentions the possibility of a short circuit causing a thermal event. The battery coolant used in the e-tron is electrically non conductive.
Old 06-13-2019, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Poorly written, that article meanders into the coolant system by way of Audi's mention of a "thermal event". The recall does not involve coolant leakage, but outside water ingress through the high voltage charge port via the wiring loom.

Audi mentions the possibility of a short circuit causing a thermal event. The battery coolant used in the e-tron is electrically non conductive.
Thanks for the clarification.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you serious?? Just what would a person not targeted by the recall be compensated for? Hurt feelings?
Yes, of course, good call. Especially if that person's car was built in March, "leaving factory" in mid-April, not subject to the recall, but its current status and whereabouts are unknown, no record of it even with the VIN, not likely to arrive (if at all) until August or September. But probably later than when the affected cars are all repaired and back in service. But thanks for your kind words.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by suttoni View Post
Yes, of course, good call. Especially if that person's car was built in March, "leaving factory" in mid-April, not subject to the recall, but its current status and whereabouts are unknown, no record of it even with the VIN, not likely to arrive (if at all) until August or September. But probably later than when the affected cars are all repaired and back in service. But thanks for your kind words.
Your dealer can easily give you the status of the car. If they don’t you may wish to find someone different to deal with.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by suttoni View Post
You need to pressure your dealer for info - they can get the VIN and other info...or do nothing and wait for the plaintiff attorneys to chime in.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Voluntary recall on 2019 e-tron's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: