Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Voluntary recall on 2019 e-tron's

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 125 Likes on 80 Posts

Mine is a 011xxx serial. Its now been at Houston for 17 days. No recall on it per link. Per dealer its going to sit in houston for atleast 1 more week. They are doing something with it, wish I knew what
Old 06-08-2019, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bugout
Count me in as included in the recall. I haven't heard from Audi, only saw by plugging my vin into the above link.
Ditto for me. Im a hit on the list. No call from Audi yet.

Vin 005xxx

Last edited by AMFCA; 06-08-2019 at 12:36 PM. Reason: added vin sequence
Old 06-08-2019, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by macwm
None of this seems very logical. If newer builds don't have the problem that means there was a solution available. Why would Audi say that there is no fix available yet?
I am assuming a fix for this is easy during the manufacturing process. Fix or redesign seal and apply said seal during production of new units.

Much more complex for units already produced. Depending on where this seal actually is and how accessible it is to fix there will be engineering and tech docs to get to the field and then implement and get feedback from Audi Techs on the process and if that process introduces any additional issues during tear down and replacement. Can get complicated and I wonder what exactly has to be dismantled and put back to fix the problem!

This worries me indeed!!

Last edited by AMFCA; 06-08-2019 at 12:01 PM. Reason: add additional text
Old 06-08-2019, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got the call, they said 6-8 weeks. I don’t want to make 2-3 lease payments on a car I don’t have and to get some base model A3 as a loaner.
Old 06-08-2019, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This, among other reported problems, reinforces my concerns about taking possession of a vehicle during its first year of production.
Old 06-08-2019, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts

Yes, I've been analyzing the EV options available and they all have significant limitations. There are compromises to made no matter the choice. This will be my first EV, so I'll feel most comfortable going with a 36 month lease.
Old 06-08-2019, 02:49 PM
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

If Audi is taking this seriously, why are there later builds being delivered with a fix while earlier build owners are now just being notified. I was supposed t o get mine today. I would have been livid if I signed a few days ago right before the news came out. I had this happen in 2015 when I got my Cayenne diesel one day before dieselgate was announced. Audi is taking one thing seriously and that's their own best interest. You are foolish to think otherwise.
Old 06-08-2019, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd Evans
If Audi is taking this seriously, why are there later builds being delivered with a fix while earlier build owners are now just being notified. I was supposed t o get mine today. I would have been livid if I signed a few days ago right before the news came out. I had this happen in 2015 when I got my Cayenne diesel one day before dieselgate was announced. Audi is taking one thing seriously and that's their own best interest. You are foolish to think otherwise.
What happened with your Dieselgate situation in the end?
Old 06-08-2019, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 125 Likes on 80 Posts

Yep! The entire EV tech is in maybe it's 3.0 version at best. I Remember my first volt ended up in a recall to reinforce the battery. That volt is still going strong 9 years later. Never an issue.

That said ICE cars end up in all manner of recalls as well. Sometimes even a full buy back as VW knows.

EV tech is relatively simple to fix once the problem is located. This is a large part of the reason I am buying an Audi.
Old 06-08-2019, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a call from Audi support this afternoon and they have already been in contact with my dealer to arrange a loaner to be delivered to our house. They will also send us a gift card for $800 for the gas that we will undoubtably use for the two months that they say will take to get the car back to us. Let's hope they deliver.

Quick Reply: Voluntary recall on 2019 e-tron's