Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Went for a test drive...Left with an Edition One

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 10:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Went for a test drive...Left with an Edition One

So I was definitely losing patience with the whole reservation process having done mine 7 months ago and only now just moving into "Production" a couple days ago. I did get excited however when my dealer called to say they had a couple loaners arrive and scheduled me for a test drive. Mainly because it was a real opportunity for me to see whether the car was worth waiting for or not. Well, I loved driving the car. And can't say enough about the quality fit and finish. My salesperson also probed a little about my dissatisfaction with the reservation process. And then....crazy enough, by the time I got back to my office I had an email from her saying they had literally just had an Edition One cancellation and did I want to come back and claim it. I ordered a Prestige so I really had to weigh the additional cost. In the end, after considering how much I did not wish to potentially wait 4 more months (according to customer care) and seeing how much I liked the e-tron, I decided it was worth it for me. I know I got lucky with timing, but this speaks to the point that has been discussed here....there are definitely cancellations and cars to be had. My dealer told me to just leave my reservation alone so he could get it and sell it.

So far really happy with the car, but perhaps I'll post some useful thoughts next weekend once I've had a full week with it.
I did want to at least post that I also show significantly more than 204mi of available range.

Old 05-05-2019, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

First of all, congratulations!

So it’s likely too late to appeal but, did your dealer ask you to pay full freight (89,190) or did they ask you to pay $86,700 (and offer you the discount which is the price after the Edit one $1495 rebate? Additionally, by asking you to simply not change your reservation, let alone cancel it, it allows them to claim your vehicle as unassigned. This means they can sell it at market value or whatever they feel works for them. As such, they should have hopefully been good to you in the process. Either way, congratulations! Exciting times!
Old 05-05-2019, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by suprspdway
First of all, congratulations!

So it’s likely too late to appeal but, did your dealer ask you to pay full freight (89,190) or did they ask you to pay $86,700 (and offer you the discount which is the price after the Edit one $1495 rebate? Additionally, by asking you to simply not change your reservation, let alone cancel it, it allows them to claim your vehicle as unassigned. This means they can sell it at market value or whatever they feel works for them. As such, they should have hopefully been good to you in the process. Either way, congratulations! Exciting times!
Thanks! And yup... in the end, I got the $1495 off.