Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

What’s your lease payment? Did you get a tax credit?

Old 06-25-2019, 03:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by S7maybe
They’re now offering $1,100 a month, 36 months, 7,500 miles a year, with $7,500 down. Good deal? That is inclusive of the tax. In Washington State, the tax is tacked on to the monthly payment. I assume it’s the same in PA?
Absolutely not

Sounds like, if I had to guess, that they may be “showing” you x for your trade, when in reality, the cash down by you, and maybe even some of the rebates, are being used to solve your actual inequity. Hard to say for sure, I’d have to try to recreate it in my software and with end of my month here I just don’t have the time right now to do that.

Yes, in PA tax is only on the lease payments. Other states can vary significantly
Old 06-25-2019, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
Absolutely not

Sounds like, if I had to guess, that they may be “showing” you x for your trade, when in reality, the cash down by you, and maybe even some of the rebates, are being used to solve your actual inequity. Hard to say for sure, I’d have to try to recreate it in my software and with end of my month here I just don’t have the time right now to do that.

Yes, in PA tax is only on the lease payments. Other states can vary significantly
If your trade value is greater then total lease payments do you still pay tax on that ? If total lease payment is 30k and your trade is 40k do you own any tax.

sorry if not clear
Old 06-25-2019, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by KaDeTime
If your trade value is greater then total lease payments do you still pay tax on that ? If total lease payment is 30k and your trade is 40k do you own any tax.

sorry if not clear
Not in PA but then you’re putting a huge amount at risk (trade equity) by doing a conventional term lease.
for a case like that, Id do a one pay lease, personally

In other states, even on a lease, you’re taxed on the entire price of the car

If the car being traded is leased or was registered/titled in one state and you now reside in another (and you never changed registration), there is zero sales tax credit

Last edited by SCarGuy; 06-25-2019 at 05:14 AM.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Not in PA but then you’re putting a huge amount at risk (trade equity) by doing a conventional term lease.
for a case like that, Id do a one pay lease, personally

In other states, even on a lease, you’re taxed on the entire price of the car

If the car being traded is leased or was registered/titled in one state and you now reside in another (and you never changed registration), there is zero sales tax credit

I see so if i own a car (loan) in Ohio and want to lease a car I should also get it in Ohio as the car is registered at the dealership sold? And would have to pay tax? And if get it in Ohio I would not have to ?

Or or it don’t matter where I buy the car as it would be registered in my state. Sorry never leased a car before.

Thanks for for the help in advance.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

No worries doesn’t matter where you buy it. Tax/registration fees are due to the state/county where you register it. Out of state dealer collects it at delivery

Last edited by SCarGuy; 06-25-2019 at 06:06 AM.
Old 06-25-2019, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

No worries doesn’t matter where you buy it. Ttax is due to the state/county where you register it

Ok so I should have no tax payment correct as the trade value is greater then the lease value (lease payment combined) ?

Thanks
Old 06-25-2019, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by KaDeTime
Ok so I should have no tax payment correct as the trade value is greater then the lease value (lease payment combined) ?

Thanks
Taxes are a state specific thing. I don’t know the tax laws in Ohio sorry. The deals I’ve done there have been cash and finance
Old 06-25-2019, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't know what they are doing, but something makes no sense.

if you were in PA (we have 9% lease tax), assuming I give you exactly what is owed on the trade (a different subject), 0 due at signing....not a penny, no first month payment, I'd be at under $1300 a month, 36 months, 7500 miles a year
Are these figures on a Premium Plus or Prestige?
Old 06-25-2019, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Prestige
Old 06-25-2019, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Prestige
Sorry to keep asking questions, but does your lease tax get added to the $1300 payment or is it already included?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What’s your lease payment? Did you get a tax credit?