Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.
View Poll Results: What is the status of your e-tron reservation?
Plan on taking delivery
22.81%
Plan on taking delivery, but I'll walk without a deal
35.09%
Cancelled due to range projections
14.04%
Cancelled due to configuration limitations
3.51%
Cancelled due to other
1.75%
Honestly don't know what to do
22.81%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

What is the status of your e-tron reservation?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm leaning more and more toward walking away. I'm on my second e-tron order because Audi mis-built the one I specced back in September 2018. Currently, I'm "in production" on the second one with the assumption I'd probably get the vehicle in late May.

204 miles really doesn't cut it. I assume that Audi USA corporate folks are acutely aware of what's being posted on these threads. And that a lot of customers either have, or are seriously considering, cancelling their orders. It seems like Audi needs to figure out something to offer these customers to stop the bleeding.
Old 04-07-2019, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe it would be better for everyone if instead of cancelling your reservation, you were to decline taking possession/ownership of the e-tron when it was offered to you. By doing this, dealerships would have e-trons on their lots available for immediate delivery. This being the case, an excess of available e-trons, might successfully encourage Audi to provide a price reduction or other incentive in order to clear its inventory.
Old 04-07-2019, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

From Insideevs - APR 5 2019 by Mark Kane

Audi E-Tron Disappoints On Energy Consumption: Places Last Among EVs

https://insideevs.com/audi-e-tron-di...st-among-bevs/
Old 04-07-2019, 05:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

I cancelled a while back due to “Lack of Product Options”.

While I am ‘happy’ with an e-tron that goes 204 miles - I don’t really want to spend $80k for that range. $50k maybe...

I’m thinking of breaking with my history and leasing (and jumping in when the e-Tron Sportback comes).
Old 04-07-2019, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

It is a shame that so much is being made over range. As I have posted before, range is irrelevant to my decision making. I am sort of elderly (difficult to acknowledge) and have some difficulty getting about. One of the reasons I am excited about having an electric vehicle is not having to go to a gas station. With the amount of miles I drive, 100 miles between charges would not deter me from leasing an e-tron. From everything I have read, the e-tron is a great vehicle and has more bells and whistles and luxury than any EV on the road. My only disappointment is that it appears Audi financial is assigning a lower residual to the e-ton than one would expect and hope for in a top-of-the-line luxury vehicle. I hope that I am wrong and that Audi will offer financing equal to the quality of the e-tron itself.
Old 04-07-2019, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by 1st Audi Owner

From Insideevs - APR 5 2019 by Mark Kane

Audi E-Tron Disappoints On Energy Consumption: Places Last Among EVs

https://insideevs.com/audi-e-tron-di...st-among-bevs/
6 of the 8 most inefficient BEV's are Teslas!
Old 04-08-2019, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 1st Audi Owner
I believe it would be better for everyone if instead of cancelling your reservation, you were to decline taking possession/ownership of the e-tron when it was offered to you. By doing this, dealerships would have e-trons on their lots available for immediate delivery. This being the case, an excess of available e-trons, might successfully encourage Audi to provide a price reduction or other incentive in order to clear its inventory.

This. It's what I am doing.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 125 Likes on 80 Posts

Folks should remember that Audi de-rated its WLTP mileage number to make sure that it under promises and over delivers. I’m very certain this 204 EPA number is a de-rate. The video release is more likely to be tension between USA HQ vs the Germany Mothership, with mothership wanting to de-rate again.

The fact that the city vs highway mileage is identical likely means Audi manually raised the City mileage to match Highway which would trigger an automatic EPA derate.

I too would recommend folks not cancel. You can walk away anytime what’s to lose. Do a couple of test drives, maybe even take a loaner home for a week. Its a really nice car, truly premium.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts

These points above are all very good. The e-Tron is an excellent SUV that happens to be electric. Unfortunately, what makes it so premium really hurts the range. The problem with buying this very expensive vehicle is the almost guaranteed huge depreciation in value in 2-3 years. I can't see a way that it ends up in my garage without a good lease deal to minimize my financial risk.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 125 Likes on 80 Posts

What would be a good lease on the Etron. I realize you lose the $7,500 tax credit. But for a 3 year Prestige 10,000 mile lease what would be a viable number?

I'm almost certain to buy but I would not turn my nose up at a good lease.

Quick Reply: What is the status of your e-tron reservation?