Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

What was your odometer reading?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What was your odometer reading?

so before I pick my car up tomorrow, how many miles did you have on the Etron when you got it?

Our dealer was advertising that they had two in stock, and as I kept an eye on both ours and the other vin, they had 32 and 37 miles. I told our sales person in an email that 37 seemed extremely high to me for a bran new delivery and wanted to be sure that it was not being driven for any demos or dealer joyriding . Though I’m sure it was. The other car had 32 reported but later that same car listed 64 miles on the same website. It and now it’s off the site, sold I guess? My point is that my dealership may have driven the car a bit as it was so excitingly new and figured what’s 30-50 miles ?
I see it as lost value and also distrust.

The car and essentially the battery learns from the driver habits. If it’s being demoed or joy rided you could assume it has placed some negative value on the learning or lifestyle of the car?

so what we’re the likes you had when you picked it up?

Old 05-09-2019, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

17 miles on mine.

Test drives usually only have one or two acceleration runs and the electric motor and battery are not affected by this. The rest of an e-tron test drive is more admiring the quiet and messing with the user interface. If someone is redlining a new gas engine and hammering an automatic transmission in launch mode, that's a bit different. I thought about that before I picked it up but quickly realized its not a big issue. I wouldn't worry about 37 miles.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

36 miles. Definitely was not driven at the dealership. I was with the car from the moment they unloaded the truck to delivery, including the detailing. Kind of like a your child being born.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:55 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

28 miles on mine.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

32 on mine
Old 05-10-2019, 02:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

sounds like 20-30 is normal miles. I just worried that my car was becoming the de facto demo car and was subject to too many “I’ll just take it around the block” test runs.

were picking it up today so I’m just covering all bases!
Old 05-10-2019, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by suprspdway
sounds like 20-30 is normal miles. I just worried that my car was becoming the de facto demo car and was subject to too many “I’ll just take it around the block” test runs.

were picking it up today so I’m just covering all bases!
I know my dealer was anally retentive with the keys to the eTrons they received. The GM kept the keys separate from the rest of the keys on their lot. My sales guy had to go ask permission from the GM to get the keys each time I went into visit before actually taking delivery.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine had 35 miles when I took delivery of it. My sales agent said it’s typical for this to happen due to testing and making sure everything works. Sounds like this is true for everyone.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

25 miles when I took delivery. I deliberately asked the dealer to not use it for test drives. They had an additional Edition One from a canceled order they were using for test drives.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most of the dealers here (Southern California ) got specific demonstrator vehicles with a not for sale window sticker. Mine had 28 or 38...

Quick Reply: What was your odometer reading?