AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-e-tron-q8-e-tron-232/)
-   -   Brits negative review (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-e-tron-q8-e-tron-232/brits-negative-review-2975526/)

bruinmac 08-30-2019 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by LavaGrau_A3 (Post 25361155)
SPOILER ALERT! Another British reviewer chooses I-Pace. But on the bright side, a pretty fair comparo and worth the watch.

Jaguar I-Pace EV400 vs Audi e-tron 55 quattro - DrivingElectric

I believe this is a fair review. The Audi is all about luxe and comfort, but really it's a pig on the highway. The I-PACE really is wonderful at handling and driving. I have driven both and made my choice knowing the reliability of Jaguar ICE cars (we had an S-Type died on us). As you can see from my sig, I have been a VW/Audi owner for the last 19 years but in comparing the driving dynamics of both these cars, one is definitely better than the other.

bruinmac 08-30-2019 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by LavaGrau_A3 (Post 25361181)
Having driven the I-Pace a fair bit, it wins hands down in the handling and zip departments. The e-tron holds its own, but the weight is always there. She gave short shrift to the charging performance advantage of the e-tron as well as just a passing reference to the Jag's crap infotainment system. All in all, more intelligent test than the two EVM morons. That's why I posted it on this thread.

IMO, I-Pace is a really good car sadly let down by the infotainment system. I can't imagine interacting with that thing every day. That's a dealbreaker.

How is the timed charging implementation on the e-tron? It was clunky on my A3 e-tron and they carried it over to the e-tron. This is how easy it is in the I-PACE:
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...7170ca0ef.jpeg

Art234 09-01-2019 04:42 AM

I have to wonder if a little nationalism is not involved in the iPace victories. I drove the car and was somewhat unimpressed. Yes it's a tiny bit faster, but the Audi outclasses it at almost every turn. Also how ironic that Jaguar makes an electric car when their electrical systems were originally designed by Lucas, the prince of darkness..... I have heard horror stories about Jaguars past....

Just sayin'.......

fideba 09-01-2019 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by LavaGrau_A3 (Post 25361181)
Having driven the I-Pace a fair bit, it wins hands down in the handling and zip departments. The e-tron holds its own, but the weight is always there. She gave short shrift to the charging performance advantage of the e-tron as well as just a passing reference to the Jag's crap infotainment system. All in all, more intelligent test than the two EVM morons. That's why I posted it on this thread.

IMO, I-Pace is a really good car sadly let down by the infotainment system. I can't imagine interacting with that thing every day. That's a dealbreaker.

Just take a spin in the I-Pace, and try out the entertainment system. It is impossible. Unacceptable. Sluggish and counter-intuitive. I tried to enter a destination, and I failed. Seriously. And I've been a computer programmer for over 25 years, and my previous car was a Jaguar, so I should have some experience.
The I-Pace might handle better (to be honest, I did not notice that), but I would be soooo frustrated in a car with such an entertainment system. Main reason why I shifted from I-Pace to e-Tron (and I'm loving it !)

kickerfrau 09-01-2019 08:06 AM

Flawed perfection :) it is a german design ;)

bruinmac 09-01-2019 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by fideba (Post 25361582)
Just take a spin in the I-Pace, and try out the entertainment system. It is impossible. Unacceptable. Sluggish and counter-intuitive. I tried to enter a destination, and I failed. Seriously. And I've been a computer programmer for over 25 years, and my previous car was a Jaguar, so I should have some experience.
The I-Pace might handle better (to be honest, I did not notice that), but I would be soooo frustrated in a car with such an entertainment system. Main reason why I shifted from I-Pace to e-Tron (and I'm loving it !)

It's alright after the OTA update to the latest version (that's right "over the air"). If you can't tolerate that, there's always Waze through Apple CarPlay. Who uses the navigation destination a lot these days, aside from Uber and Lyft drivers?

porttac 09-01-2019 12:00 PM

"I think people fail to consider what Audi is trying to accomplish with the e-tron. It's goal is to get the Audi drivers a transition to electric."

Have had Audi vehicles since 1989.

I don't need glamour, can get a Model 3 for under $50K...not all of us are multi millionaires...

bruinmac 10-21-2019 11:46 AM

Automobile Magazine compares the Audi e-tron, the Jaguar I-PACE and the Mercedes EQC:
https://www.automobilemag.com/news/m...uv-comparison/

stanj 10-21-2019 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by porttac (Post 25361669)
Have had Audi vehicles since 1989.

I don't need glamour, can get a Model 3 for under $50K...not all of us are multi millionaires...

Same here with Audis (since 86), but when test drove the Model 3 my question to the sales guy was where the other half of the car was, for the price (compared to my fully loaded S4).

This is my 5th EV and the first one that I genuinely like, because of the fit & finish. If they had come with an A3 with the same degree of fit and finish, I would have preferred that because I don't need to commute in a house, but oh well.