AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-e-tron-q8-e-tron-232/)
-   -   E-tron order status change (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-e-tron-q8-e-tron-232/e-tron-order-status-change-2963462/)

SCarGuy 05-03-2019 12:28 PM

Sold units marked as such within Audi's system get prioritized over inventory units.

But, depending on what, if any port accessories you chose, that can hold things up (especially hitches/paint protection). Also, depends where on the ship yours was. I know the port that services our store dealt with 280k cars coming through last year - at some point, there are bound to be some delays here and there, it would be impossible for there not to be

Reliantg 05-03-2019 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by SCarGuy (Post 25311693)
Sold units marked as such within Audi's system get prioritized over inventory units.

But, depending on what, if any port accessories you chose, that can hold things up (especially hitches/paint protection). Also, depends where on the ship yours was. I know the port that services our store dealt with 280k cars coming through last year - at some point, there are bound to be some delays here and there, it would be impossible for there not to be

I mean they're all Edition One's, specced the same. All are marked sold to customers, so it doesn't make a ton of sense to me how some can go out days ahead of others not even moving, especially when the miles to deliver are so small.

SCarGuy 05-03-2019 12:39 PM

I can assure you, they are not all sold to customers

Your dealer can easily reach out to Audi's Distribution team as well to see what, if any, hold up there might be.

Again, the sheer volume of cars that arrive to ports can be staggering, of all different types. A few days here and there is not at all abnormal

madcanadian 05-04-2019 08:42 AM

Amateur web portal updated the status of my car to En Route today. I took delivery yesterday. Audi is sucking at this part of the process.

e-tronDriver 05-04-2019 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by madcanadian (Post 25312002)
Amateur web portal updated the status of my car to En Route today. I took delivery yesterday. Audi is sucking at this part of the process.

Yeah, if they can't keep it updated they should just stop using it.

hrc1079 05-04-2019 08:59 AM

The whole process is ridiculous. I was told to expect the car October / November and to order ASAP to secure one which I did in February. Low and behold the car goes into manufacturing in March and was told by my dealer it would be a late May / June arrival yet others who have ordered well before me are still stuck in production or haven’t even entered it.

The portal is useless, mines been stuck on “leaving factory” since 19th April so I’ve had to email the dealer yet again to try and get vessel tracking info

theo1000 05-04-2019 09:20 AM

Well my Galaxy Blue Presitge is 'enroute' today!

Ordered 9/20 locked 12/30 in production 3/22 leaving factory 4/24 enroute 5/4

Dealer sent me VIN yesterday

e-tronDriver 05-05-2019 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by theo1000 (Post 25312014)
Well my Galaxy Blue Presitge is 'enroute' today!

Ordered 9/20 locked 12/30 in production 3/22 leaving factory 4/24 enroute 5/4

Dealer sent me VIN yesterday

Congrats!
This debunks my theory that the Galaxy Blue color was causing production delays. So there must be something else in my configuration that's delaying production. I ordered 9/17 but didn't go into production until 4/13 and currently stuck there.

theo1000 05-05-2019 06:06 AM

FYI mine has the cold weather package + the rear airbags w/ lighted seat belts + 20" wheel. Midwest delivery.

e-tronDriver 05-05-2019 07:04 AM

Order Status Report from dealer

1 Attachment(s)
See attached PDF file, this is the order status info that your dealer has access to through their online system. I bracketed info on the second page relating to production and delivery dates.
I'm sure the e-tron Customer Service phone line has access to the same information and for whatever reason has been giving everyone a standard "15-17 weeks" delivery timeframe.